Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2016 Captur and wish to fit a reversing camera (Auto Vox W7 Pro) which sends a wireless signal from the Camera to the screen. I am ok with wiring the sender into the reversing light but I cannot find a tutorial anywhere on how to remove the interior tailgate trim so that I can get the camera feed from a hole behind the number plate to the loom in the left hand side of the boot. Also is it possible to to get the wire through the grommet and flexible hose at the top of the tailgate into the headlining.
Any tips much appreciated

·
Registered
2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Tce
31 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but does the factory head unit have a rev. camera input please ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have just purchased a 2016 Captur and wish to fit a reversing camera (Auto Vox W7 Pro) which sends a wireless signal from the Camera to the screen. I am ok with wiring the sender into the reversing light but I cannot find a tutorial anywhere on how to remove the interior tailgate trim so that I can get the camera feed from a hole behind the number plate to the loom in the left hand side of the boot. Also is it possible to to get the wire through the grommet and flexible hose at the top of the tailgate into the headlining.
Any tips much appreciated
Hi like other suggested use plastic levers to unclip .You may have troubles with the wireless signal with your intended wireless receiver and transmitter with drop outs. You can thread thread through the flexible hose I used a small knitting needle rounded at the tip you can feed a cable max 6mm (in my instance). Do you intend to use the OEM medianav unit if so you you will need to use a special adaptor or alter the 21 pin socket and a programme dmenu. Anyway best of luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi like other suggested use plastic levers to unclip .You may have troubles with the wireless signal with your intended wireless receiver and transmitter with drop outs. You can thread thread through the flexible hose I used a small knitting needle rounded at the tip you can feed a cable max 6mm (in my instance). Do you intend to use the OEM medianav unit if so you you will need to use a special adaptor or alter the 21 pin socket and a programme dmenu. Anyway best of luck
Thanks. I will give it a go. Good tip about the flexible hose. Much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts