Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Anyone diy fitted a set of reversing sensors yet.?(Had sensors on my previous car a 60 reg Megane and got to rely on them) Had a look at various other makes on diy sites but although fitting sensors to the bumper and 2 wires to the reversing light and earth seems easy. I would rather get advise from any experts out there who are fellow Captur owners..... or do I start the ball rolling..??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Jo Jack, welcome to forum
I never believed in these driving aids till I had reversing sensors in my present car. Now I couldn't do without them. I put them on as a extra fitted at Southampton at quite a reasonable price, I even take my car to the garage to get a bulb changed.
I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help you. How are you finding the captur?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Never had a problem reverse parking my previous C4 Picasso 7 seater without sensors, so figured I could do without them on a smaller car ! So far I'm right and have got into some pretty tight spaces.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yeah it will be fine without - trouble is like Jack mentions, once you've had them you really come to rely on them without a second thought. I find it difficult switching between mine (with sensors) and the Mrs car (without them) even though I can park fine!

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are actually quite easy to fit. But do you really want to drill into your nice new bumper?

The problem I find is the factory fitted ones are barely noticeable but the aftermarket ones tend to be ugly eyesores

so instead of this

you end up with this

The saving grace being our bumpers are a matt finish so it's unlikely to stand out to much. Having said that the art is getting them straight and in line

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dal, the rear ones you won't notice...but I was disappointed with the front ones which were fitted to my car...as the dealer does it and they are grey on the front bumoer that is stone coloured.. Front ones are not fitted in the factory!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ythsie said:
Dal, the rear ones you won't notice...but I was disappointed with the front ones which were fitted to my car...as the dealer does it and they are grey on the front bumoer that is stone coloured.. Front ones are not fitted in the factory!!

I wouldn't be very impressed with that
you could change them if you wanted as there all interchangeable

Have a look at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Parking-Rear-Reverse-4-Sensors-Kit-Buzzer-Radar-LED-Display-Alarm-System/330949878728?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18218%26meid%3D2189330758908108867%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8342%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D141038752736%26

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks...interesting...pity I didn't know that at the time
..don't know if it's worth changing the 2 sensors for 14 quid now..but useful for others to know!!

Scottish blood running in my veins! lol!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I booked my Captur in to have front sensors fitted today. Car went in at 8.30am and at 16.00 I had a call to say they will ring asap to let me know what is happening. Half an hour later a Renault technician calls me to tell me that they fitted the sensors but are unable to connect as the R-Link/sensors combination requires a special part which they have been trying all day to get from any UK Renault dealer. Guess what? There isn't one of the little connectors (a small cube with 5 wires!!) available anywhere in UK and they had to order it from France. It will take about 5 weeks to arrive.Now I have sensors that are beautifully fitted, superbly matching black bumper - but totally useless for at least five weeks and with Renault waiting service, perhaps even more.

·
Registered
338 Posts
JohnChambers said:
I have owned Renaults since 1961 and have never had trouble getting spares within about 48 hours. Any news of the broken windscreen?
Did they have R-Link in 1961?

·
Registered
924 Posts
But Renault did have Gordini. Though the Gordini Dauphine was perhaps not their best model of that era. But when the Gordini Renault 5 came out in '76 it became a game changer.

Oh; so not to divert the thread. I suspect the Gordini Renault 5 did NOT have reversing sensors.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts