Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Has anyone had their missing semi conductors for the folding mirrors installed yet. Still waiting for mine since early january?
Has anyone had their missing semi conductors for the folding mirrors installed yet. Still waiting for mine since early january?
Hi not sure what you mean. I retro fitted auto folding mirrors on my car several years ago "search on how to". To fit them the car must have electric folding mirrors and the switch installed

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
Hi not sure what you mean. I retro fitted auto folding mirrors on my car several years ago "search on how to". To fit them the car must have electric folding mirrors and the switch installed
The worldwide semiconductor shortage has meant that, if delivery schedules are to be met, some cars are being delivered without certain options fitted, and a promise to retrofit later. It's just a matter of waiting and keeping up the pressure on the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in my dealership on Saturday to discuss my account and a new vehicle, I was interested in a self charging Hybrid Captur, the first thing the salesperson told me that is that the vehicle would have no electric folding door mirrors on delivery. I asked if this would be retrofitted, he told me reading from a Renault statement that neither the Captur or the Arkana which has same issue would be retrofitted with the missing component. Apparently there was a plan originally to do this but that is no longer the case.
The dealership also had no hybrid Capturs available to test drive, difficult selling a product if you can’t try it out first!

He quoted a 6 to 9 month delivery timescale.

Needless to say my next car won’t be a Renault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was in my dealership on Saturday to discuss my account and a new vehicle, I was interested in a self charging Hybrid Captur, the first thing the salesperson told me that is that the vehicle would have no electric folding door mirrors on delivery. I asked if this would be retrofitted, he told me reading from a Renault statement that neither the Captur or the Arkana which has same issue would be retrofitted with the missing component. Apparently there was a plan originally to do this but that is no longer the case.
The dealership also had no hybrid Capturs available to test drive, difficult selling a product if you can’t try it out first!

He quoted a 6 to 9 month delivery timescale.

Needless to say my next car won’t be a Renault.
Hi, my Hybrid Captur took 5 months to arrive and I confirm no electric folding mirrors or adaptive cruise control just standard cruise control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I made a complaint direct to Renault yesterday, I had a call back this morning regarding the wing mirrors, in it he said that Renault would be at some point retrofitting the chips for the wing mirrors to theArkana and Captur, however those chips which are more integrated into the car would not be retrofitted. He also said that Renault reserve the right to alter the specifications of any car they sell to suit the conditions with no compensation to customers. I had asked if they would cover the warranty of my existing Captur which runs out on October until,a new model is delivered, the answer was no. Hence why I am likely to move to another manufacturer after 20+ years of driving Renaults

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you might have some difficulty finding any manufacturer who can deliver a new car, fully to spec, more quickly.
I have a quote from Honda for delivery of a new car in September, my wife’s Yaris is coming early November, no indication of any bits not working or being removed from the specs. My wife has switched from Clio to Yaris, at the moment the Yaris Cross and Jazz Crosstar both hybrids are on my list of possible replacements.

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
I stand corrected. Missus had a Jazz years ago. We loved it. Storage capacity was ridiculously massive for such a small car. Puts the Captur to shame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interestingly had a phone call from another dealership this afternoon saying they had a Captur Hybrid I could test drive, this after my complaint to Renault about not having a car to test drive. I have booked a test, will put the others on hold until I have driven it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts