Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there anyway to get the mirrors to fold automatically when you lock the car.

Seems sill that you have to twiddle the knob on the drivers door before you get out of the car.
This is dangerous, cos you need to check the mirrors before you open the door.

My old Citroen DS3 had the mirrors fold and unfold automatically on lock and unlock. A much better system

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rockabilly Raz said:
Hi, is there anyway to get the mirrors to fold automatically when you lock the car.

Seems sill that you have to twiddle the knob on the drivers door before you get out of the car.
This is dangerous, cos you need to check the mirrors before you open the door.

My old Citroen DS3 had the mirrors fold and unfold automatically on lock and unlock. A much better system

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of, but Renault do do it because they do it on the Megane models where it auto locks and folds the mirrors.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No, you have to manually close and open the wing mirrors with the knob on the door. Whilst I appreciate what you say in having a car that automatically opens and closes the wing mirrors when you lock and unlock the doors, the advantage of having to do it manually means that if you are in a tight space such as a narrow garage you can open the wing mirrors yourself when outside of the constricted space.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DS3 had a manual button as well for just such situations :-(

Thanks anyway....

Bit disappointed with some of the tech. It doesn't seem to have been thought through very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts