Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im back again.....another problem still to do with the captur front doors, anyone else noticed with this cold winter chill,(up here in scotland anyway) when first driving the car you notice that your right leg (closest to the door) there is a almighty draught, or close enough as your right ankle is freezing and your left leg is warmish with the tiny foot heater....come on could have made it bigger that you could actually feel your legs and knees getting warmer
Anyhow back to the draughty doors ive been to the local dealer and he had a drive in it after complaining about the stones lying inside the door sill.., the dealer says I couldnt hear anything, he must be deaf as I can hear the wind coming in the car and hear everything that goes past,,I know I was on about the draught but surely they come in hand in hand, I am sure the rubber seal around the door is not fit for the purpose.
P.s, with all the dashboard/interior light rattles as well as draughty doors I grudge paying for something that your not happy about but have to live with it. :-(

·
Registered
824 Posts
Personally I have not noticed any draughts nor noise ingress but I will make a note of this next time I drive my Captur,the stones in sill issue has been reported before I have had a few in there but its not exessive on mine maybe down to road surface.......as for interior rattles I have not noticed any apart from an annoying rear sealt belt knocking on side trim easily sorted!

Hope you get sorted with these issues!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds very strange especially with the dealer sat next to you, would have liked to have been sat in the back when you had that debate!

Seriously though I don't have a draught, or any rattlesalthough I do get stones and dirt on the bottom of the door sills.

Hope its sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't have any squeaks or rattles at all..or ingression of wind from the doors...in fact it does get cosy quite quickly...
As I said in the 'washing' thread on the forum, I honestly believe there is a design fault on the lower part of the doors because of the lemgth of seal there...so it's possible that's where the trouble lies...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Julian said:
Rear seat belts knocking on side trim :how did you sort it ?
Yeah I noticed just one of the rear seat belts didnt want to stay against the seat back......first corner to the right and the buckle moves off the seatback and knocks on the plastic side trim (really annoying!).......one of them is fine and doesn't move......I just stuff it in the gap now between trim and seat back........no noise!!!

All my passengers want to be in the front Tryfelin so they can fiddle with my buttons......Ooohh Matron!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts