Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Found my front number plate on the driveway this afternoon

Seems to have 4 pieces of double sided tape on the plate itself but where it meets the car there are 4 pieces of Velcro (the backing parts).

These Velcro pieces seem to be stopping a good contact with the double sided tape hence its early departure (Mr P thinks these Velcro pieces may have something to do with protecting the car when it was in transit and the dealers may have forgot to take them off).

Could anyone confirm if their front number plates are fixed using a plastic screw or something or are they ok just with tape.

Just glad it did not come off whilst driving as could have hit someone or something !!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Iang, I didn't think Velcro would be the adhesive of choice, just another problem to be solved

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I will need to, don't think double sided sticky tape will cut it on this occasion :p

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can't believe the dealer forgot to screw the plate on, truly shocking if that's the case, think I'd want something from the accessories brochure FOC!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frosty, it's the latest in a very long line of problems with the dealers. Will see what they say when they receive the email tomorrow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i think you'll find thats prob illegal so kick up a fuss and see what you can get for free Pixie.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Screwed on too - but personally I like using trim adhesive tape - provided its put on right ( heat the glue with hair dryer first) - it's what manufacturers use - and saves drilling holes all over the place.always done that with my new number plates and never fallen off - yet

·
Registered
588 Posts
something i wouldnt have even thought to have looked at tbh. i always thought screwed on was the only option

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All sorted now, looks like they left the Velcro from transportation on, if only all the problems were that easily solved ˜«Edited by: Pixie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now all I need is to get the rlink to play videos, get the coyote app installed and working and the finance to finally be sorted (oh yes, and for my iPad to arrive from the dealer) and I should be able to start to enjoy the car the way I should have from the very first day :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mhhh missed out on that ipad deal by a couple of weeks tried to say look not received the car yet. Knew I was on to a loser. But still had to ask.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The week I ordered my Captur the offer on that weekend from my dealer was a £250.00 Amazon voucher......when I asked where the voucher was at the handover I was told I had to register on "My Renault" and log my car in.....when I do that the offer will be completed.........not sure how that works.....been trying to enter my reg on the system for a week and it still doesn't recognise it "as its new".......will contact my dealer again this week to see whats going on.........may ask for an I pad instead
.....worth a try!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Although I am not entitled to any freebies like you guys I have been trying to register my car online with
'My Renault' for the last 3 weeks to no avail. The message I keep getting is:

WE CAN'T SEEM TO FIND YOUR VEHICLE ON OUR DATABASE.

Don't panic though.

If your car is brand new, it might not be in our system yet, so please try again in a few days.

If your car is imported or has a personalised number plate, please send your VIN, registration number and first registration date directly to [email protected]

Never mind, I will keep trying!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem with the i pad offer.My car had to be registered by the 28th September to receive the i pad.Still not showing on Renault site by the 26th September.Contacted Renault customer services,and a very helpful lady (Nav) got it sorted out for me.Was really impressed with the girls at customer care.Still not received my i pad yet though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have to say I dealt with Adrian there and he has been good to a point, still don't have the iPad yet though either, plus I need to find out if the coyote app actually works in the uk? Anyone any ideas?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts