Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know its a bit early since it's going to be a couple of months before we even get our cars but I'm going to suggest a small mod for the front and rear bumper. Might also save you some money by not choosing this option.

Renault offer the styling pack at a cost of £350, this adds a silver painted plastic skid protector to the front and rear bumpers, it also adds a Captur boot sill.

That seems abit steep for 2 bits of plastic and a metal strip.

Even without the option the bumpers still have the same moulded shape as you can see here.

I am going to Plasti-Dip those parts on the bumpers in Matt black or Gunmetal grey, and then use Plasti-Dip metalizer over the top for a metallic finish. I think this gives a much better finish than the painted plastic additions in the styling pack and the great thing about Plasti-Dip is that it just peals off if you don't want it.

Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INDcL22Twk

I know this wont be much of a modders car but I think this is a relatively easy, cheap, fun and classy mod for a car like this.

What do you think?

I will upload pictures in a couple of months once I get the car and do it.

Thanks, Oli.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great idea - I used this on my white clio's silver alloys - turned them black and it transformed the car - so may give your idea a go when my Captur arrives

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you or someone you know is going to the USA anytime soon then get it there. I got 4 cans last year for $6 each, that's about £4. They are about £14 here, that was from Home Depot which is basically B&Q.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Sounds like a good plan - how well do they hold up to stone chips etc.?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very well, if you look into it on YouTube people do entire cars in it. Although the current UK resurfacing scheme seems to be throw gravel all over the road and let the cars squash it in. But it should be fine. You can always peel it back off and redo it, but from what iv seen its pretty strong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I get mine in 3 weeks so it shouldn't be long until I do it. I'll take before and after pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts