Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Im an excited owner of a new Captur S Edition 2020.
I want to use Apple Play but the front USB ports seem to have no power/not be activated.
I’ve tried different cables and different devices. The back USB ports charge devices fine (but don’t activate Apple Play).

If it wasn’t for AppleCarPlay I wouldn’t be bothered, honestly. I’ve let my dealer know and I’m patiently waiting for an update as to when they can book the car into the workshop. In the interim is there anything anyone can think of? I’ve tried every setting and nothing so guessing it must be something mechanical - whether that’s a loose wire, or a busted fuse, or it hasn’t been registered. Don’t want to be without my car for long so hopefully it’s an easy fix!

·
Registered
36 Posts
What kind of navi you have? Usually must activate CarPlay fitst in navi units.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: Mjn2710

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of navi you have? Usually must activate CarPlay fitst in navi units.

Hey thanks for the quick reply! :) I have a 9.3” Easylink. I can’t see anything in there about enabling Apple CarPlay though. It just says when you plug the phone in the car will recognise it and add an option to the multimedia display. With that said, there doesn’t even seem to be power going to those USB ports. Unless they are data only, they won’t even charge any other accessories.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes will appear a button fir CarPlay when you connect the phone. But this will happen only if in the the unit is enabled the CarPlay.
I don't know if by default this is enabled.
These units are new and I don't know me too settings of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes will appear a button fir CarPlay when you connect the phone. But this will happen only if in the the unit is enabled the CarPlay.
I don't know if by default this is enabled.
These units are new and I don't know me too settings of it.

Thanks again for the reply. I’m fairly confident there’s no setting at the user end to enable; I’ve been through every menu pretty thoroughly!

im more inclined to think there’s no power going to the ports.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are settings in the unit connecting an OBD interface via SW. These are factory settings.
I am not speaking about what you see in user screens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

Im an excited owner of a new Captur S Edition 2020.
I want to use Apple Play but the front USB ports seem to have no power/not be activated.
I’ve tried different cables and different devices. The back USB ports charge devices fine (but don’t activate Apple Play).

If it wasn’t for AppleCarPlay I wouldn’t be bothered, honestly. I’ve let my dealer know and I’m patiently waiting for an update as to when they can book the car into the workshop. In the interim is there anything anyone can think of? I’ve tried every setting and nothing so guessing it must be something mechanical - whether that’s a loose wire, or a busted fuse, or it hasn’t been registered. Don’t want to be without my car for long so hopefully it’s an easy fix!

Hi there, what was the cause for that issue? I suppose that it was solved. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
The standard USB "A" port has the power connections as the outer 2 pins, and the central 2 pins are for data (ground and signal). USB sockets that are for charging only, have just the outer 2 pins connected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The navi is turned on for Carplay by default. I just connected my iPhone and Carplay comes on, but Siri needs to be turned on too for all of the functions. My problem is that it disconnects the Carplay now and then while driving.
If the USB-ports are not giving charge, then there might be some electrical problem. It's not about the settings. They should always charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts