Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got badly fitted frontwheel arch trims on their Captur? Mine are so bad I can see the fittings between the wheel arch and the wing. Garage has changed them but there is no improvement. Been in touch with customer services at Renault uk who do not want to know. Have written letters to a senior manager there also Mr Ramirez but have had no answers from either.Last week Isent an email to customer services to remind them about the letters and so far have had no answer to that. This is our 5th brand new Renault on the trotand this is the way we are treated. Can anyone advise me what to do next as we have been sold shoddy goods.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Renault are hopeless at dealing with problems... Customer Services seem nice people but nothing gets done..
Try contacting the CEO France.. Mr Ghosn....details are on this site or pursue it under the sale of goods act as faulty , unfit for purpose... search on the net..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have just found Mr Ghosn email address, so will write to him. Just telephoned the dealer to quote the sale of goods act but as usual he is busy and will phone me back..will he won't he? Time will tell. Thankyou for your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
My front driver's side one was pretty bad but the other is spot on. I solved the issued myself by poping off the unit and "warping" the top of the plstic with pressure to cause it to toe in more, resulting in a much smoother fit.
Unfortunately they are the kind of part that will always cause these kind of problems

·
Registered
924 Posts
trim only becomes a problem if it is hanging off. it will then fail an MOT. I am not sure it will affect the resale value either.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Following on with the theme, the front wheel arch trims are warping after only 4 months on my car and a sizeable gap has appeared between the trim and the body. Must be the hot weather . . . Captur's were not designed for the UK climate!

Mine will be going back to the Dealership for the sixth time since March. They can sort this problem out whilst they are checking the 'wheel arch and brake hose' recall!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine has just been recalled.
Apparently badly fitted wheel arch trims may be causing brake pipe rupture.
Not happy in view of reading original post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi awq,

Have they fixed your wheel arch trim during that recall?

I have just bought my Captur on Saturday and have also discovered that the front wheel arch plastic is badly attached. I can easily pull it off, the clips are barely holding it. Have mentioned it to the dealership and now waiting for their reply. Tried to pull it off on their demo car, and there is was attached ok, so I think mine is faulty.

Does this recall has any reference number or announcement date? I knew about brake hose recall but not about the wheel arch trim one, but if there was, Idefinitelywill mention this to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
awq said:
Apparently badly fitted wheel arch trims may be causing brake pipe rupture.
Badly fitted wheel arch liners may cause brake pipe rupture; badly fitting wheel arch trim just looks unsightly and there is a possibility that any sharp edges could injure a pedestrian who comes into contact with the car - or cut your hand when washing the car

·
Registered
428 Posts
Took it into the garage for the wheel arch check but mine was ok.
Not sure how extensive the problem is, but best to get it checked out, especially when it could effect the brakes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It does not affect the brakes!! Just the looks as you might be able to see the yellow clips. See IvorTower's explanation above!
Mel

·
Registered
428 Posts
The recall letter actually said if the wheel arch liners were wrongly fitted then it may compromise the effectiveness of the brakes

Edited by: awq

1 - 18 of 18 Posts