Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was supplied to me with a full tank of fuel, when I had used 2 -3 gallons went to top it up, the fuel gauge stayed at the position it had dropped to, also alarm kept sounding for no apparent reason, took car back to dealer, recalibrated fuel gauge, told no fault with alarm!!, last time i filled the car up again the gauge stayed put, and to shoe the dealer that the alarm was faulty, I took the car in, left it as close as I could to the service entrance door, and it was going off approx every 3 minutes, dealer has now had the car two days to fit new alarm, and, hopefully fix fuel gauge, having waited from beginning of Feb to early April for delivery, I must say I am a bit dissapointed.

·
Registered
921 Posts
hi John

Welcome to the forum
So sorry to hear you ha v e had a problem hopefully just teething problems
And your dealer has corrected the faults

Lyn

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LynG thanks for the welcome, unfortunately when car was about 2 weeks old, pulled over to let ambulance pass, cyclist came up on inside hit passenger front door denting it two places, was quoted prices between £340.00 + Vat and £140.00, took the car to a company called dentmaster, was fixed in 1/2 and hour cost? £50.00 and I defy anyone to find where the door was dented.

·
Registered
921 Posts
John146 said:
Hi LynG thanks for the welcome, unfortunately when car was about 2 weeks old, pulled over to let ambulance pass, cyclist came up on inside hit passenger front door denting it two places, was quoted prices between £340.00 + Vat and £140.00, took the car to a company called dentmaster, was fixed in 1/2 and hour cost? £50.00 and I defy anyone to find where the door was dented.
[/QUOTkE]

Oh no that's the problem with cyclists there is no chance of making any claim
But interesting to hear what you say 're Dentmaster I will have to make a mental note

I'm pleased we don't have too many cyclists around here are you in or near a city ?

What Colour Captur do you have ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arizona Orange all over, my wife does not like two tone cars!!

Apart from all the things said in my previous posts, do like the car very much, just wish the service department at the dealer would ring to say it's ready, been given a Nissan Note as a courtesy car, not a patch on Renault!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
John146 said:
Arizona Orange all over, my wife does not like two tone cars!!

Apart from all the things said in my previous posts, do like the car very much, just wish the service department at the dealer would ring to say it's ready, been given a Nissan Note as a courtesy car, not a patch on Renault!!!

It looks a great car in Arizona one colour your wife obviously has good taste
Mine is oyster and black roof I think it looks very elegant and shines beautifully

Fingers crossed they get in touch soon
Keep us posted

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mystery deepens, just had a call from Renault Service Dept, the alarm company ('Cobra')are to deliver a new alarm hopefully today if not tomorrow, then after it has been fitted they need to monitor the alarm seems they have another Captur with the same problem, new alarm fitted to that, and still the alarm goes off for no reason, so it could be Monday/Tuesday next week before there is a chance I may get it back.

I can feel a visit to the Managers Office coming on, and suspect they can keep their Captur and get me another Scenic!!

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Check that a software update isn't required when a new alarm is fitted. My parents have a V70 that's now about 9 years old, but it had an alarm fault a few years ago (alarm going off for no reason). This was cured by replacing the alarm but a couple of weeks later the same fault returned. This time it was cured by a software update that the main dealer had forgotten to do when the alarm was changed - and they then had the cheek to charge for the update that they forgot to do first time round

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The deed is done, Service Department at dealer rang today, so, went down to see what was going on, told at the moment no fix for the alarm problem, gone to Renault Technical Dept (wherever they are) and Cobra alarms, told I could leave the car or take it with the alarm disabled and then take it back when problem solved, so, told them I wanted to reject the car, was shown into managers office, and after some number crunching he ordered me a new Scenic Dynamique Tom Tom 1.5 DCI Start & Stop. should be here in 6 to 8 weeks, can't wait.

·
Registered
863 Posts
what is it with Renault they don't seem to have all this trouble with their formula 1 cars.had fords for yonks and never heard of so many faults with new cars.i wonder if I done the right thing changing to Renault.plus ford dealers were a lot more helpful,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had our car looked at yesterday re the alarm issue. Surprise, surprise, the service department couldn't find anything but have now slightly 'de-sensitised' the alarm to see if that helps. Not convinced but watch this space as they say....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Some while ago (1993) I had a Suzuki Vitara with a Cobra alarm and the alarm would go off for no reason......

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
scurra999 said:
http://www.arabnews.com/renault-recall-more-60000-cars-china-report
That appears to affect only the Koleos, which is a Samsung car badged as a Renault, much as the Captur is a Renault but badged as a Samsung in some markets (eg Korea)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts