Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what experience have you of your fuel gauge?

I have the media nav S, 1.5 dci manual. The gauge drops very quickly from about a quarter full to the
bottom of the gauge. When the fuel warning light comes on it still says on the trip 80 ish miles range left.

Should I believe the gauge. The manual says when the light goes on there is about 30 miles remaining.

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
The fast drop in fuel gauge is a bit unsettling at first. I did try to figure out just how close to total empty would it be from light on and got to 52 miles before I felt that any further distance would be to much of a risk. I must point out that hubby was behind me in his car as we were transporting people and items and one of the items was fuel container with diesel in.

I would never really risk more than 35 miles (unless you have hubby following you with some fuel...)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Obviously the gauge is as accurate as it is. Generally takes ages to fall from really full. With the diesel engine you have to take care in the winter not to let the level drop too low because of the risk of water vapour icing up in the fuel tank. I think the guage and readout work well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts