Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Captur 27th March. Dynamic S Oyster Grey with Black Roof.
Did the Recommended System Update, the Map Update 3013 Q2 and then the Full POSTCODE Navigation, cost £4.45.
Still eligible for free updates I logged into the Toolbox and found I am eligible for the new Map Update 2013 Q4. However, above this it shows my Full Postcode Navigation 2013 Q2.
I knew the Postcode was a 'One Off', but, and New Owners take note make sure you are getting Full Postcode 2013 Q4 to go with your Free Map Update 2013 Q4
A new map update for me and others like me is pointless if the Postcode update is 2013 Q2. Unless I pay a further £4.45 to get the 2013 Q4 Postcode

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is exactly what happened to me, I think I must have purchased the postcode update before I did the map update, this resulted in the system seeming to have the postcode license on it, but not actually displaying the full postcodes.

I finally bit the bullet and tried buying the latest postcode and it updated without a problem, the only issue is that I've had to pay twice!

Although it says it's a "one off" it's not exactly clear what this means and if you update your maps you lose the functionality?! Not good customer service Renault...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there,
I too have been it with this problem, I paid for the postcode functionality when I got my captur and updated the maps, everything fine, ive just put some more tunes on my usb stick, gone on to the toolbox to check for a map update, there is, 2013 Q4, ive updated, popped it back into the medianav, ive just lost my full postcode functionality...NOT HAPPY

·
Registered
921 Posts
your medians will still have or should have the postcodes

·
Registered
46 Posts
nope, I don't have the postcodes, I cant enter full postcodes anymore. ive gone back onto the toolbox, and its showing I can buy the full postcode update again.

·
Registered
921 Posts
mole320 said:
nope, I don't have the postcodes, I cant enter full postcodes anymore. ive gone back onto the toolbox, and its showing I can buy the full postcode update again.[/QUOTE

Isn't it stored on your toolbox or USB ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its on the USB stick, and showing on toolbox as 2013 q2, however when I go to re-purchase it, it says im purchasing the 2013 q4 postcode update. I am now looking at this that whenever a new map update is out, you will have to also have the relevant postcode update too, meaning you have to buy a new postcode update whenever a new map update is out.
E.g
you cant have map update 2013 Q4 with postcode update 2012 Q2, it has to be the same year and quarter!!!. its not compatable

·
Registered
921 Posts
mole320 said:
Its on the USB stick, and showing on toolbox as 2013 q2, however when I go to re-purchase it, it says im purchasing the 2013 q4 postcode update. I am now looking at this that whenever a new map update is out, you will have to also have the relevant postcode update too, meaning you have to buy a new postcode update whenever a new map update is out.
E.g
you cant have map update 2013 Q4 with postcode update 2012 Q2, it has to be the same year and quarter!!!. its not compatable

The postcode update is 2012 if I remember it doesn't change that often
Maps were free to update

Why do you want to 're purchase ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi FalcoDave
This is exactly what I suspected because the two are now incompatible.
I posted sometime in May warning new owners to be sure to do the map update FIRST. This I had read somewhere on Renault blurb, regrettably I can't find it now.
The same article said that the map update after Postcode would overwrite the Postcode and make it inoperable.
Looks like anyone like myself with 2013 Q2 map update and Postcode that are both working should 'quit whilst we are ahead'

·
Registered
21 Posts
I knew I had seen this somewhere...

Unfortunately after I had bought the postcode update and then updated the maps...

This resulted in much frustration trying to get it to work, in the end I bit the bullet, bought the new version and all is sweet, can just type in full postcodes and all is good (apart from paying twice!)

You live and learn, hopefully others will read this thread before doing anything!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree FalconDave, it's such a hassle and rather frustrating to have to pay twice. I have already decided to stick with what I have. 2013 Q2 map and Full Postcode, after all there can't be that much difference. At least others who have read our post and threads BEFORE attempting anything can learn and avoid thse problems. H appy motoring

1 - 11 of 11 Posts