Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove on M62 to Leeds this afternoon, pouring with rain- everything fine. About four hours later driving back, still pouring with rain, lots of traffic, car going like a dream.Flash drive playingsoftly in the background, sat nav working fine, wipers going medium speed, heating on about 19C.Then about half way home there are suddenly three fairly quiet beeps. I look at the dashboard to see if any warning lights on - nothing. I get hubby to look at his mobile in case it was battery charge problem or some such thing. Before he has time to check there are another three beeps. I slow down, again check dashboard, look at the options on message board - and then there are another three beeps. Can't find anything wrong with anything so put my foot on and get home. No more beeps. Check car when got home but it all looks fine.Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
588 Posts
it could be, and im not saying it defo is, but sometimes the sat nav beeps to warn of speed camera's in the area VBL. if nothing indicated on the dashboard i would look for the simplist solution and it might be this

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The camera warning beeps are much louder and have heard them before. Are gear change indicators beeping? Have not heard that before. Anyway, I was doing 70 in fifth. Mysteries of life...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my captur delivered to me yesterday and the same thing happened to me. After checking everything the only thing I could see it being is that the battery was low on my key as when I got out of the car it didn't auto lock. Thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its the speed camera warning its counts down two beeps four times till it passes the camera the volume depends on the volume set in the setting navigation .You can turn this off in warnings navigation,you can have your speed warning beeps when you exceed speed limits and thiscan be turned off if required.Occasionally when you pass through a junction on a main road it beeps because there is a speed camera close by.
I have my speed cameras warning on all the time, I did have the speed limit warning on but this has a software fault because if you are going to fast before you come to a speed limit sign its like a fire engine bell going of in the car because it beeps once for every mile an hour over the limit, hope this helps you.

If you have yours maps on its shows a speed camera symbol in the left middle of the screen which disappears after you have passed the speed camera.

The beep depends on what satnav system you have Rlink or Mednav

Edited by: jonjohn

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Did you have something on the passenger seat heavy enough to register as say a child? I carried something on my passenger seat last month that did. Just a thought!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Front sensors turned on or off if mine are on you get a beep I leave them off unless parking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts