Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am from Dubai. I purchased Captur(2017) from preowned Renault showroom at 28000KM. Done all the service at the Renault service centre. Last major 90k service done in february 2021. And in march last week car started showing a fault, the RPM kept on fluctuating when i am trying to accelerate, it will drop down from 2500rpm to 1000rpm. After a few days it started jerking at 50KPH speed. Its a automatic transmission. I gave it to the service centre, and after 5 days of diagnostics they said me its a gearbox fault. And the car is out of warranty. They gave me a repair estimate of 10000Dirhams. I declined to pay that. No courtesy car provided as its out of warranty. I am using Rental car since 10+days. Can anyone please help me on this on how to deal with Renault on this? Is there a seperate warranty on the vital parts of car other than the general warranty?
Any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum

If your warranty has just expired say within 6 months, then you may stand a chance of getting Renault to meet some of the costs.

Try contacting Renault customer services in your country ,either by phone or by email or even
by post, explaining your problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I was told the auto gear box is sealed for life and NO maintenance is required,if this is the case 90,000 km over 4years is a very short life Renault should make a contribution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent an Email describing the whole situation and the ordeal to renault france, today morning the Service manager of Dubai called me up and asked to meet me personally. In the meeting he said renault france has agreed to share 85% of the cost and they asked me pay the revised amount of AED3300.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Has anyone told you what the fault codes are? What happens if you drive it in manual gear mode. Any lights or warnings on the dashboard. The way you describe it, it doesn't sound like the gearbox to me. Can you get a second opinion and someone who has a fault code reader.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
85% of 10,000 is 8,500, leaving you to pay 1,500. If your 15% is 3,300 then the total cost must be 22,000. £4,329 to fix a gearbox fault?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
3300 Dirhams is about £650.... if the original estimate was about 10,000 Dirhams that seems about right but 3,300 is asking you to pay about a third, not 15%. Either the estimate was not very accurate or they are trying to increase the cost so that you pay a greater share towards it. Do you have access to any free legal advice ? Many of us in the UK get this as part of our car insurance
 
  • Like
Reactions: ggboy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top