Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally my 63' Renault Captur will get "stuck in gear", this has happened in 1st and 2nd, clutch is pressed completely but the gear stick 'feels' like to locked/stuck. Depending on what i plan on doing (e.g. going down/up a gear) i have to rev the engine to stay in gear, and/or come of the clutch and back on to change. Particularly problematic when turning onto a road. Also occasionally my reverse gear wont engage despite the gear stick being in the reverse position, hitting the accelerator just revs the engine. so i have to take it out of reverse and back again

All of this is happening intermittently and my garage cant recreate the issue and find a fault.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you select all gears whilst stationary and engine off? If so I would suspect the clutch. If it still feels sloppy then likely the problem is with the gear linkage itself. Most probably at the gearbox end. I don't know the captur manual system but there are probably some nylon bushes at the end of the linkage that aren't working as they were designed to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I can select select all gears whilst stationary and engine off, when i initially took it to the garage with the problem the clutch got replaced as it was needed, but the problem still persisted. Ill ask the garage about the gear linkage. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts