Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning regularly to this forum for useful info on Captur owner experiences, I've noticed an increased number of adding a comment in topic for comment sake. For everyone using this forum, please can we consider carefully how useful our comments are, in relation to relevance of originating topic. (I include myself in this thought)

To everyone posting useful photos, questions and great answers, please continue; in my opinion this is what makes this forum so beneficial to new and existing Captur Owners and forum members.

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy the festivities....and if you already have one, your new Capturs

·
Registered
338 Posts
I do understand what you are trying to convey with this message and agree that comments, advice, ideas and photos are very useful.

Having said that, I also feel that many people view members of this forum as "distant friends" and feel that just "idle chat" is an enjoyable part of belonging to it.

I certainly do and can't promise absolute restraint in all my communication

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mhhh interesting, got to go with Vbl on this one though. Was going to be sarcastic and mention how many great wine and spirit deals the supermarkets are doing at present.
. Some people will see this as sarcasm, useful or having a sense of humour, we are all so different.
It may be a little different for me as I try to keep as up to date as possible with all posts. But I can imagine not doing this how many posts I would have to troll through to get up to date with things.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I look on the forum as 'a fun place to be'....Not always posting totally relevant info...because you share peoples' enthusiasm, happiness and at times worries.
If you concentrated on welcomes and worries, you wouldn't return after a while because you'd run out of subjects....so it's also a 'social place' sharing all kinds of information...but at times 'tongue in cheek'.
So, sorry I view it differently from you Mike, and agree with you Dr and Vbi!

Long may it continue!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
824 Posts
Interesting topic Mike.........Forums can be very strange places where the written word can be taken a number of ways by the many people who read them,differing conclusions can often cause problems,thankfully we dont seem to suffer from Forum Trolls as such and long may it remain that way as it can easily become very problematic..........as for post content some members find it easier to post simple replies some even just an emoticon and some like to be more descriptive and explanatory we are all different I think we should all be respectful of one another,banter can be a great thing on a forum but sometimes there's a fine line between banter and sarcasm.After all none of us know one another (I dont think!) we are like strangers on a street but with a common interest.......the Captur!!

Lets just enjoy what we have created here,its a special place!!

TC

·
Registered
260 Posts
As a free spirit I now feel the urge to spam the crap out of every single post in defiance
..... just kidding. Hooowever, I have to agree with ytshie, dr etc. Id prefer people just say what they please regardless. More varied and interesting that way.
Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
924 Posts
There is always someone who feels they have to tell others how to behave. As if we are not adults.

Who do they think they are.

We are a jolly happy bunch on here, and no one has caused offence. So what's the big deal!

·
Registered
924 Posts
auld lang syne, I say.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE on the forum.

Enjoy your Capturs. I know I will.

Wow that's the first time the emoticons have worked for me.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No words necessary!!

What would it be like without emotions?!!!

Crossbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lines tomorrow!! ...but it's ok..you're english so that will be too hard for you!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reason for starting thread in idle chit chat was to remind all of us, to keep our "idle chit chat" out of "Main Message Centre" and interesting questions and answer topics, to help new forum members find info more quickly. Nothing more...

Happy New Year to all

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Don't worry I am always keeping a watchful eye over you all!

It's a careful balance - the forum is full of useful info, a great place to get help or an answer to a Captur related question but it would also be pretty boring if all we had were straight up questions and answers. A sense of community is encouraged as is chat amongst everyone here.

I do move topics around - anything about TV, sport, weather etc. should be in Idle Chit Chat, anything about faults should be in Technical etc. Generally though I think everyone here gets it and things look pretty organised to me.

As ever - I'm always open to suggestions.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts