Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my dynamique s today; loving it!!

Ordered the skid plates for the front and rear bumper today - they should be here in a week or so; anyone know if they're easy to fit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
That looks great. Great colour combo.

I got mine today but haven't had chance to take pictures yet, it is pouring with rain! If rain holds off for a bit tomorrow I will post some pics. It won't be in such a picturesque place though!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice
thinking of buying skid plates too - how much we're they? I fitted them to my new style sportage 3 yrs ago - fitted with bolts on the underside and double sided tape on the topside - so I presume the Captur fixtures are the same

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very nice Cookster.....the skidplates are reputedly very expensive pieces of silver plastic so fitting should be easy.........Id like some myself but waiting for Ythsie to start the European branch of Captur Owners Club Parts Supplies before I order mine!!

Enjoy the new mota

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! the cookster. Love the colour, same as mine so I am biased but I have the Arizona gloss pack and wheels. Enjopy your new Captur.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do, first day and I'm very impressed, and to add to the delight, a MPG figure of about 59 after doing 100 miles down the motorway at 70... Nice!

Let's just say with the skid plates I didn't pay list price...... :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just done short journeys on mine and I'm on 37mpg. I am motorway driving tomorrow depending on weather that will give me a better indicator. Not got above 50% on the top driving statistic bar yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only got MediaNav, so no driving display for me, but coming from a Laguna at 40mpg, the figures so far are great as far as I'm concerned....Edited by: thecookster

·
Registered
588 Posts
looks great Cookster, the more im seeing the Arizona colour combo the more im liking it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great looker...Cookster!!

Glad you got the skid plates at a good price...because when you see them you'll scream!!
They look great on...especially the back.
..you can barely see the front one!!
They are so short...and they are only plastic trim. A couple of screws and glue were used to attach mine...easy DIY job!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I know they're only trim, but I think they enhance the look of the car even more. Hopefully they will come with instructions and the necessary glue!

Bigbadtony, I wasn't sure originally, but the Arizona scheme works well!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been to look at a Captur today up on ramps at a dealer, looks fairly simple to fit the skid plates, two screws and glue it would seem....Edited by: thecookster

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Really like the Arizona and I think the plates will finish it off nicely. Shame they are so expensive but glad you managed to haggle a deal out of them.

My last car I fitted a spoiler to it using industrial style adhesive and it didn't budge an inch. Just make sure its all lined up first before you stick it on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts