Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member as of today......I picked up my Dynamique S Medianav D Automatic last Friday...... It's Ivory with black roof.....It has the 29.9 problem, but aside from that , I LOVE it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very nice, I will keep an eye open for you, I amjust across the water in Blackpool.Welcome, there is some GR8 info on here and many happy owners.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will be driving to the east coast tomorrow, aprox 145 miles, so this will test my new car out.....The car will have a full load and we will be driving up Sutton bank......so this will give her chance to strut her stuff
. Not had a diesel for a long time,will be interesting to see how well she copes

·
Registered
863 Posts
first diesel I have had and well impressed with the power.driven 40ft artics for over 30 yrs.but first diesel car.must admit I don't use eco mode.but mpg well impressd.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nicky, can I ask why you don't use Eco mode?I don't think I will be using it tomorrow, as the forcast is for a hot day and I will need to use the air con.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I used Eco going down to Heley on Thames last week it was a very hot few days but found the Auto temp on the lowest setting was perfect ....

·
Registered
863 Posts
ladybird I do not use eco mode because I have looked at people on this forum that say you have to be careful when pulling out on roundabouts when you need oomph to do it and its not there.so I don't bother with it.i would rather have the power to get out of trouble.i must admit though I have used the ac and I find it very good.

·
Registered
921 Posts
the Captur pulls away nicelyIf you thinks it's a quick getaway junction it is so very easy to switch eco off
And AC is great but it's well worth trying the auto lowest setting
AC uses more fuel I believe

·
Registered
921 Posts
hicky said:
ladybird I do not use eco mode because I have looked at people on this forum that say you have to be careful when pulling out on roundabouts when you need oomph to do it and its not there.so I don't bother with it.i would rather have the power to get out of trouble.i must admit though I have used the ac and I find it very good.

I would suggest judge for yourself

·
Registered
921 Posts
I set the temperature to the lowest setting and just press autoI find it is cold enouth

·
Registered
180 Posts
The good thing about ECO mode is you can click in and out of it with just the push of a button, the engine doesn't need to be stopped or anything like that.

I stay in ECO all the time unless i'm about to overtake or i fancy having some fun and having some acceleration to play with ..

I'm still only getting around 50 mpg in and out of ECO mode.

Anyways, welcome aboard Ladybird .. enjoy your new ride x

·
Registered
921 Posts
Eco is still very nippy I am used to driving a 1.6 and find this isalmost as quick

And to switch from Eco to normal is a flick of the switch so if you do find you need an extra push flick the switch

I drove down to Henley on Thames last Tuesday and was there for a few days and just used the lowest setting on the control panel and found it to be adequate so did my passenger

It is a new car and the system is new so the cool air is totally fine

AC uses up more fuel but again can be flicked on if needed

I found going up a very steep hill a little cumbersome and flicked it out of Eco and back in when I didn't need it

Motorway driving the car gets up to mid 70s without any hassle at all in Eco

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
119 Posts
80? The speed limit is 70 unless I'm missing something?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts