Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a test drive in a diesel Dynamique S MediaNav yesterday (Monday 24th) at Anchor Garage, Liphook.

Most impressed indeed. Very good ride, smoother than my, admittedly 8 year old Scenic, plenty of room inside, especially the back.
R-link looks as though it will keep people amused, and those with kids will, I suspect, regret the twangy map holders on the back of the front seats!!!
So good, in fact, that we've ordered a TCE90 DynamiqueMediaNavwith R-link- estimated delivery in the first two weeks of September.

Edited by: kitbooth

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Is that from your dealer about your order? Did they say why there was a delay? Fingers crossed it doesn't slip anymore.<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to be standard. The last new Renault I bought from them was a Megane CC, two and a half years ago. I ordered that on almost exactly the same date and that came October 13th!I suspect that the R-Link has made things a little longer - there seems to be massive demand for it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Same here in Eastern Europe! You cannot get them for love of money. Dealers are selling them fast and there are already reserve lists that MAY ensure that you get a car by the end of October!

Here's hoping that they have delivery on the promised date!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Latest from Renault via my dealer this morning - delivery now end of October. I have, however, managed to get the unwanted European mapping, which at the time was non-optional with R-Link, removed from the order. It is apparently now optional!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kitbooth - I'm not really surprised that you hadsuch anissue. The brochure pricing and website are not consistent.

I haven't gone through a build to see if they both work out the same I would like to think that they do! But still bizarre to have such discrepancies.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have taken delivery of our Captur so delivery does not apply to us, however we have two versions of the sales brochure and the latest brochure received on 12th August 2013 has some price alterations and reductions:

There are some updates in the new brochure:
Alarm £240, and Rear Parking Sensors £275 are now available as individual accessories, whereas before they were only available as part of the 'Protection Pack ' at £675

Also Optional Arizona Metallic Paint and Tahoe Blue Metallic Paint have been reduced in price by £100 and are now £495 - they were previously shown as £595

The original brochure was given to me by the dealer in mid July 2013.

If this applies to you go to the dealer change the order and demand a refund.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting, my first Captur test drive was in a diesel and loved the car but hated the rough and raucous engine. Tried a petrol and bought one, just like you it seems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the dynamique s diesel and don't find it a noisy drive at all, 1 week on and 800 miles and already I wouldn't swop it (had a Mini Cooper before)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would agree. I have had 7 diesel cars of different makes over the years and I think the dci engine in my Captur is the smoothest and quietest I have owned.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I don't want to start a row here but the deisel 1.5 90 dci is the best engine of the range. Just have a look at the mpg's. Deisel engines in general are more "torquey" than petrol engines and the Renault 1.5dci is particulary quiet and refined compared to most of its peers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We drove a tce and dCi back to back, my comments are in the introduction I did when first joining the forum - the two engines are hugely different on character so saying one is better than the other is impossible as it's totally subjective - I was impressed with the smoothness of the dCi at low engine speeds on particular but it had zero character and wasn't especially 'punchy' in my opinion; nothing wrong with it but little to excite - the tce lacks that low rev smoothness, I found it initially a challenge to modulate the throttle but it's a wonderfully characterful engine, silent on the motorway ( the diesel has a background thrum that is subdued but ever present) and it had a sweet linear nature the dCi is incapable of competing with. Also, no DPF to go wrong (does the dCi have a DMF too?), £1,200 saving and the lighter controls and it's a winner as far as I am concerned. Oh, and I'm no anti-dieselist, I bought an A2 1.4TDI over the 1.4 petrol as I preferred the engines character despite the noisier idle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
We drove a tce and dCi back to back, my comments are in the introduction I did when first joining the forum - the two engines are hugely different on character so saying one is better than the other is impossible as it's totally subjective - I was impressed with the smoothness of the dCi at low engine speeds on particular but it had zero character and wasn't especially 'punchy' in my opinion; nothing wrong with it but little to excite - the tce lacks that low rev smoothness, I found it initially a challenge to modulate the throttle but it's a wonderfully characterful engine, silent on the motorway ( the diesel has a background thrum that is subdued but ever present) and it had a sweet linear nature the dCi is incapable of competing with. Also, no DPF to go wrong (does the dCi have a DMF too?), £1,200 saving and the lighter controls and it's a winner as far as I am concerned. Oh, and I'm no anti-dieselist, I bought an A2 1.4TDI over the 1.4 petrol as I preferred the engines character despite the noisier idle.
Considered all these details when I did a test drive....and the colour

·
Registered
260 Posts
The 'automatic dpf' I found to be a bit misleading. It doesn't actually regenerate without any input from the driver as it would suggest.

Its called active regeneration, mostly fitted to smaller engined diesels that wont hit the kind of temperatures needed to burn the particulate matter. So at about 45% blockage the engine starts post combustion fuel injection to increase the exhaust temperature so it can burn off all the junk.

When that starts in the background if your journey is very stop start or if your unable to keep the revs up it will stop the process to try again later once driving conditions are more suitable. If it stops the process and restarts too often without successfully burning off the soot it'll fuel inject some more to raise the temperatures even higher. If the driving conditions are still unsuitable to hit the right temperatures then you might get a warning light to say the filters partially blocked.

So still some issues if you dont travel far, but like its been said before, diesels perfect if you burn a lot of miles!Edited by: Cj86

1 - 20 of 26 Posts