1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I
have had my Captur 1.2 Tce Dynamique S Medianav EDC for a week now. I ordered
in Grey/black and black trim I was unsure but could not be better, the auto
gears are one of the beat I have driven. My only problem is with the average consumption
will not go above 29.9; to be sorted by the dealer.

When
reading the manual it states that in eco mode on the dash panel coloured lights
should appear and details shown on the Medianav screen.

Tyre
pressures also should be shown on screen I only get the icon on the dash.

Reversing
censers can be adjusted on screen not shown on mine.

I
have read some of the comments on the forum and it seems that all the above
will only appear on R-link. I am a little disappointed that on the top of the
range model they are not standard also it does not mention R-link in the manual
unless I mist it. Can any of the above be load by the dealer.

I
am surprised that producing such a good car all the above should be standard. It
is a shame as my other cars did not hide anything.

Colin

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Colin! It is a great car and consumption improves markedly once it's run in.
As far as your other points, I was lucky that my dealer had knowledge of the two different systems BEFORE I bought the car, so having R link I have all of the things that you cannot have with Media Nav.
The problem is, as I understand it, that you CANNOT change anything or upgrade once you have chosen Media Nav...it doesn't have the functions that you mention and....in my eyes is a thumbs down...for what you rightly say is a top model.
My forum pals won't agree with me as many are very happy with the Media Nav system..but for me they are like chalk and cheese. Navigation using Tom Tom, great 6 speaker radio system, computer applications, email and as you have found out...options for reversing camera and different displays adding to the 'driving experience'.
Not the news you were wanting to hear...but there you have it...information that your DEALER should have known and presented to you when you were choosing your car..

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank
you for this information it seems that it is a mine field people are saying you
do not get some of these items on U/K models. I wish I had known about this
forum before ordering the car it has more information than the Renault has. The brochure when referring to the R-Link states that you get a internet
link and tom tom with a charge after 3 months which I did not want, to be fair
never ask the dealer about it. Now for me I wish I had ordered it.

Thank you

Colin

·
Registered
924 Posts
Colinsmith50,Like you I ummed and aarrhed about R-link, to have or not to have. I didn't feel that the extra cost and the subscription charge was worth it. I was wrong. The MediaNav system is classified as an "entry level" infotainment system. Whilst the MediaNav is a step up from other in-car entertainment services that were available some few short years ago, it does not go far enough.

From what I gather, MediaNav was the initial computer-based system that was anticipated to grow in sophistication, but then someone came along with R-link, and it looks like to me that MediaNav development stopped at that point and Renault put their effort into R-link.

It is definitely not possible toupgrade MediaNav to R-link once the car has been produced. Also there is noofficial way to add facilities to MediaNav, though there are hacksthat can be installed to enhance thefacilities of the system. Take a look around this site for such info. I do not know the provenance of these hacks so I would not touch them. Therefore I put up with the bog standard Medianav system which whilst limited isserviceable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts