Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question alert ..Just wondering.. I'm useless at washing cars. I start off with good intentions, but always end up taking the easy option of an automatic car wash. Thing is, I've never had a car as tall as the Captur. Has anyone used an automatic car wash? Any problems?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You mean apart from the scratched paintwork and appallingly poor job they do?!

I have a rule, if I can't be bothered to do it properly then I won't do it at all - I'd rather a filthy car than one that's got everyone else's dirt scratched into it, for the same reason I won't use be local hand car wash places; looks fine from 20 paces but get up close (shudder).

·
Registered
824 Posts
I only ever made the mistake of using an auto car wash once,went in with a dirty but shiny black metallic Astra.........came out with a streaky,scratched and dull one......never again.........if ever I dont wash my myself Id rather go to a hand wash car wash rather than a automatic roller style one!
I dont like em at all!!
Same as Frank....Id rather do it myself!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
What has befallen car washes in Old Blighty ?I car wash my cars regularly here, in fact I did the Captur for the first time recently and it came out all bright eyed and bushy tailed !

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the Arco car washes on my Qashqai (awaiting delivery of Captur) does a great job never caused any damage - touch wood.Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Be careful washing it yourself as well.Use a sheepskin mit rather than a sponge.
It allows the grit on the car to sink into the pile on the mit.
Grit sticks to the surface of a sponge and you'll end up with swirl marks which show up in sunlight (if we ever get any).
Also get a grit guard in the bottom of your bucket.

Best thing I've found for the plastic around the bottom of the car is peanut oil. It lifts off any white wax and brings it up bright black.

McQuires Speed Detailer and a micrifibre cloth is great for a quick shine up in-between washes

I have previously won concourse competitions for my old PT cruiser.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts