·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving at night I cannot see the nearside of the road in the uk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi what year captur do you have. I have a 2016 and the lights are rubbish. I struggle to see in the dark with these lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend says there is a little wheel low down on the front facia panel on the right side of steering wheel. It needs to be set to 2 so lights shine into the nearside gutter of road

·
Registered
335 Posts
2016 Captur headlights are very good once adjusted/set correctly. From the factory they are set very low so the beams,especially dip/low have a very short throw. So.....
Park the car facing a wall or fence so you can see the height of the dip beam,lift the bonnet,lights on,look for a white plastic "wheel" by the headlight casing,with an Allen key socket in it,7mm if I remember right. By turning said "wheel" you can raise your headlights to get more range,better throw up the inside kerb and down the centre of the road. It's trial and error to get them right but if too high(dazzling oncoming traffic) lower them a bit with the numbered wheel by on the dash by the steering wheel.
Better quality,brighter bulbs are also a big help,see relevant post on this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 Captur headlights are very good once adjusted/set correctly. From the factory they are set very low so the beams,especially dip/low have a very short throw. So.....
Park the car facing a wall or fence so you can see the height of the dip beam,lift the bonnet,lights on,look for a white plastic "wheel" by the headlight casing,with an Allen key socket in it,7mm if I remember right. By turning said "wheel" you can raise your headlights to get more range,better throw up the inside kerb and down the centre of the road. It's trial and error to get them right but if too high(dazzling oncoming traffic) lower them a bit with the numbered wheel by on the dash by the steering wheel.
Better quality,brighter bulbs are also a big help,see relevant post on this site.
Yeah I've read the post about different bulbs, I will have a look at the adjustment when it's not raining (probably sometime in March!)
Sue must have the leds then with it being a 2018 so they are better than mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If she has the adjuster wheel set on 2 she has lowered the beam to light up the near side gutter. Beam is too feeble on highest setting or was set illegally high. Probably the former,I can't imagine Renault fitting top quality led's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When driving at night I cannot see the nearside of the road in the uk
Mine was similar (common problem on these) so i took it to a garage who put it on a beam alignment, and brought them up higher. (Interior adjustment was on max) I also fitted a pair of Osram night breaker lasers, which improved vision, but they don't produce white light. You could also use the front fogs as closer to the ground..

Don't be tempted to park it up against a wall and adjust it. If you get the adjustment wrong, it'll fail it's next mot!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine was similar (common problem on these) so i took it to a garage who put it on a beam alignment, and brought them up higher. (Interior adjustment was on max) I also fitted a pair of Osram night breaker lasers, which improved vision, but they don't produce white light. You could also use the front fogs as closer to the ground..

Don't be tempted to park it up against a wall and adjust it. If you get the adjustment wrong, it'll fail it's next mot!
Can recommend using Ring Xenon 150 bulbs using the Ring Automotive Uk website.

Would deffo not suggest using the front fog-lights unless its foggy as this is illegal and you can be fined but suprisingly no penalty points?? also this practice can annoy/blind to other drivers

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes the Captur headlights and OEM bulbs are crap but others will disagree.
Can recommend the Ring Xenon 150 bulbs by using the Ring Automotive UK website and input car make details etc.

Would deffo not suggest using the front fog-lights unless its foggy as this is illegal and you can be fined but suprisingly no penalty points??
Also this practice can annoy/blind to other drivers.

thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
"Don't be tempted to park it up against a wall and adjust it" Really? So randomly adjusting your headlights with no way of knowing how much you have raised them is the thing to do and means an MOT pass? And I suppose the Titanic hit a giant marshmallow and sunk in a bowl of custard. Seems about as likely.
I have always adjusted my headlights(car and motorcycle)against a wall and never had one fail the MOT due to incorrect headlight adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Don't be tempted to park it up against a wall and adjust it" Really? So randomly adjusting your headlights with no way of knowing how much you have raised them is the thing to do and means an MOT pass? And I suppose the Titanic hit a giant marshmallow and sunk in a bowl of custard. Seems about as likely,
Correct, I said..

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Don't be tempted to park it up against a wall and adjust it" Really? So randomly adjusting your headlights with no way of knowing how much you have raised them is the thing to do and means an MOT pass? And I suppose the Titanic hit a giant marshmallow and sunk in a bowl of custard. Seems about as likely.
I have always adjusted my headlights(car and motorcycle)against a wall and never had one fail the MOT due to incorrect headlight adjustment.
Haha! Baldy boy has now edited his post..
🤣🤣🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts