Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, newbie here,
are there any upgrades for the standard H1 halogen bulbs on my 0.9 nav tce.
2016 model.

cheers rodders :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fitted Philips X-tremeVision as recommended on here. Much brighter than the original ones.
Font Circle Emblem Competition event Symbol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi all,
I always use the Ring Automotive bulbs
Have used the Ring Xenon 130% before in a Captur, and found to be very good.
Go to Ring Automotive website and simply pop in your car details and you should get a good selection of bulbs to choose or any car parts shop should be able to supply and fit for free!!

Always buy bulbs in pairs and make sure they are fitted correctly
Nothing worse than being dazzled by someone driving towards you with incorrectly fitted bulbs
Stay Safe
cheers :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,
I always use the Ring Automotive bulbs
Have used the Ring Xenon 130% before in a Captur, and found to be very good.
Go to Ring Automotive website and simply pop in your car details and you should get a good selection of bulbs to choose or any car parts shop should be able to supply and fit for free!!

Always buy bulbs in pairs and make sure they are fitted correctly
Nothing worse than being dazzled by someone driving towards you with incorrectly fitted bulbs
Stay Safe
cheers :)
thanks for that cheers rodders

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) dont bother with HID or LED after market kits they are NOT legal and will fail an mot as only PRE 1986 cars can legally run retro fit unless you want to go buy from renault some GENUINE Xenon headlamps
2) dont try bigger wattage bulbs the wiring is not rated for more than 55w bulbs
3) i have found and swapped my standard bulbs for osram night breakers 150% brighter made a noticeable difference
BUT there is always a trade off! they only last half as long as a standard original bulb! so buy 2 kits and keep as spares as it is noticeable if you fit 1 standard i did test with 1 night breaker and 1 standard as a comparison i also swapped them into my 2 clio diesels and it does give a better depth of beam make sure you fit them correctly and you get a Good correct beam image against a wall!
these are my findings dont go buy cheap ones they are NOT the same!
as i said they dont last as long as the standard bulb!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) dont bother with HID or LED after market kits they are NOT legal and will fail an mot as only PRE 1986 cars can legally run retro fit unless you want to go buy from renault some GENUINE Xenon headlamps
2) dont try bigger wattage bulbs the wiring is not rated for more than 55w bulbs
3) i have found and swapped my standard bulbs for osram night breakers 150% brighter made a noticeable difference
BUT there is always a trade off! they only last half as long as a standard original bulb! so buy 2 kits and keep as spares as it is noticeable if you fit 1 standard i did test with 1 night breaker and 1 standard as a comparison i also swapped them into my 2 clio diesels and it does give a better depth of beam make sure you fit them correctly and you get a Good correct beam image against a wall!
these are my findings dont go buy cheap ones they are NOT the same!
as i said they dont last as long as the standard bulb!!!
Yes it's handy the replacements are marked legal or for off road use on the website I found.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone used these -
OSRAM Night Breaker Laser (Next Generation) +150% H1 Car Headlight Bulbs
They look to be good value on the internet at the moment.

Are they similar to the Philips X-tremeVision ? When I search for the Philips I get -
Philips X-tremeVision Pro150 Xtreme Vision Pro 150 Car Headlight Bulbs H1 (Twin)

I have a 66 plate 1.5dci 110 captur and the lights are poor, I dont need the best lights but a decent improvement.
Looking through the internet has left me a little confused with whats legal/what works and it looks like you could spend a lot of money.
Any helpfull advice is appreciatted.

Automotive lighting Font Bottle Liquid Technology

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi i oppted for these they made a significant difference over standard! good thing they are easy to change as the upgraded bulbs tend to have a shorter life expectancy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts