Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2017 Captur has climate control. On cold mornings the heater blower fan pulses quickly (on for 2 seconds, off for 2 seconds) until the car warms up a little. This happens when the fan is set to auto or manual mode. It's like the fan comes on to warm the cabin up, realises that it is blowing cold air, stops, and then tries again.

I presume this isn't normal, but wanted to check with others before looking in to having it fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Kartin

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
It doesn't sound right, particularly in manual mode where the fan should run continuously at the set speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does exactly the same. I joined this club to see if I could find any answers.
Did you take yours to a garage to investigate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine does exactly the same. I joined this club to see if I could find any answers.
Did you take yours to a garage to investigate?
Not yet, it is booked in on Wednesday night / Thursday morning this week to be looked at. Fingers crossed that it is a cold morning so the garage will be able to witness the fault!

I'll let you know what they say...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the car back from the dealer today, they said the fault is caused by a low battery voltage. They tested the battery and said it needed replacing, £235 later the car now has a new battery.

They also said the car reported a fault with the heater blower ballast resistor pack and changed this under warranty. However they insisted that this wouldn't be the cause of the fault.

I'll give it try tomorrow morning and see if it has fixed the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got the car back from the dealer today, they said the fault is caused by a low battery voltage. They tested the battery and said it needed replacing, £235 later the car now has a new battery.

They also said the car reported a fault with the heater blower ballast resistor pack and changed this under warranty. However they insisted that this wouldn't be the cause of the fault.

I'll give it try tomorrow morning and see if it has fixed the problem.
Thank you for letting me know, hopefully it has fixed the issue. Mine is due a service so I'll mention it when I book it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-1 degrees this morning and the blower fan worked ok, previously it would have pulses at a low temperature like this. Looks like it was the battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine does the same thing, will mention for the next service if it keeps it up. I wonder if it is related to the little use it is getting at the moment. Might go away with more frequent drives, it does about 10 miles every other weekend at the moment.

Probably will go away when things warm up, no other issues and its tolerable so wont chase a battery replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

My 2017 Captur has climate control. On cold mornings the heater blower fan pulses quickly (on for 2 seconds, off for 2 seconds) until the car warms up a little. This happens when the fan is set to auto or manual mode. It's like the fan comes on to warm the cabin up, realises that it is blowing cold air, stops, and then tries again.

I presume this isn't normal, but wanted to check with others before looking in to having it fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Kartin
Hi newbie here. Had exactly the same problem with my Captur dci 67 plate which i bought Dec .2020. Went into main dealer last week for the repair they kept it overnight as they had ordered the wrong part (apparently there are 2).Luckily? Its been below freezing a few mornings this week so that was the test and it now seems to be working as it should.So hopefully sorted.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The resistor controls the speed of the fan. The battery (and charging system) controls the power going to the fan. Either could be the cause. For a 2017 or older car I would suspect the battery first - but wouldn't pay over £200 for a replacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts