Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Back on 17th June I ordered my first new car...a Renault Captur.

Details:

- TCe 120 EDC Intens
- Colour Stone metalic with black roof etc.
- Black Pack ..17inch black alloys.
- Interior black with chrome trim and black upholstery.
- Parking sensors front and rear with parking camera.
- Heated front seats.
- R-Link
- sill protectors for driver/passenger/boot.
- Chrome pack - mirrors/exhaust
- Strengthened front and rear bumpers(off road style).

Expected delivery week 40 (30th September).

Everything has gone smoothly so far...but it waz difficult to source this car any sooner.

One annoying aspect when ordering it was that I cluldn't get the colour of zip on upholstery thst I wanted!
Bearing in mind that it is available, I will have to source it as an accessory....I wanted black with orange, but this top model is only available in light grey or black upholstery.
A strange decision bearing in mind tbe personalisation options available!!

Looking forward to the automatic version as I believe it to be better thanks the weaker manual version we took for a test run, and by no means was that a bad car!

I'm a Scotsman now based in Poland where this car is being bought.

Disappointed with Renault's solution for mounting a roof box...supposed to be aerodynamic..but make the car look clumsy and in my opinion will scratch the roof when mounted and dismounted..I would have prefered rails like on my Land Rover Freelander.

Love to hear your opinions!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Myself coming from a saloon car I'm used to the rails running across the roof anyway so that is not too much of an issue for me, especially since I would only need them on once or twice a year at most. I understand if you need to use it regularly though it might not be as suitable.

I like the sound of your specification, the stone / black combination should look very nice. This is the closest picture I could find but this has a white roof;

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan,

I tried to get a picture of it as well, but it seems that the colour scheme is available in Poland but not in the UK.

I swithered on the brown/black version but saw the stone one in one all over colour and liked it.

I was surprised that they did not offer white but only ivory as an option....but the car has so many configurations that everyone can find something to suit.

The roof rails are needed during the winter for skis that we will be carrying.

I nearly bought a Skoda Yeti which was also a good drive, but the quirkieness of it has equally aged it a bit, and price wise it was working out more expensive for a similar specification.

The main thing I will miss the most on the Captur is a sunroof! Had one in every car I've owned.....and yes, you don't really need it if you have air con... but it would have been nice!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news! The estimated delivery date has slipped back by two weeks to week 42!

I hope this stays at that, otherwise it will put a damper on buying this car!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
That's a shame, did they give any reason why?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No reason given by the garage I'm buying it from.
When I was shopping around for the best deal, most dealers quoted me end of October.
I wonder if it's any quicker in the rest of Europe?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I've been reading that the R-Link has been slowing things down. Not just on the Captur but on cars like the Zoe too so that could be the reason?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news! My car has rolled off the assembly line...and if all goes well, I should see it on the 9th October, the original week given me on the order.
Ubfortunately I need to get the docymentation in order first.....and that will take at least a week....as it has to be registered where i stay. and that's about 300 miles away.
Anyway, good news......it's been a long wait.....itching to see it...!!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Good news, although sounds like the whole registration procedure is a lot more complex than here in the UK!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, quite different....As you know I don't drive.... but I CAN own a car here as insurance is on the car and not on the driver. In fact, I have no-claims on my policy...lol!... because I don't use it MYSELF....that means I'm insured for anyone driving my car under my policy.
My partner, will be the co-owner of the car, and that means she will use her comprehensive insurance to drive the car....but I need to register her and myself.
The car is registered where your home address is...so you get plates that show what part of the country you live in...You cannot register it anywhere else. In my case, my partner stays in the area where the car is being bought, and she could register it with the area plates for that region....but it would muck up my plans for a private plate starting with 'C' which happens to be my region's identification letter...lol...so you're right....a bit of bureaucracy to go through with!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts