Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Great forum...

We are in the process of ordering Our new Renault Captur Formula Edition 0,9 TCe 90 with MediaNav, Citypack 1, armrest, alloy Wheels (Black) and tinted Windows. We ordered it in light gray with Black roof. Only problem is that our dealer is having problems changing our color selection. We were thinking of buying an all Black but changed our minds. Ha said we had about a week if we changed our minds. Now the Renalut car dealer system is acting up so our colorchange isn't registered yet. Hope everything is in order by early next week. I'll post Pictures when our beauty is delivered in late june.
Edited by: ChrisJJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats I hope your colourchange will go through - We have ordered the same model but all black - from the dealer in Slagelse / week 25 / excited I must say...... Edited by: Peter Slagelse DK

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to our forum. Great choice of colour. Stick to your choice and don't let the dealer influence your decision on colour. If you set your mind on a particular colour, then go for it. The two colours are much more striking in my opinion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Peter and congrats to U :) We can't wait. Hope the colourchange problem won't have an impact on the delivery date

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank U awq. U can be sure we won't accept any other colour than light gray/black

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Well. Renault won't change the color on our newly ordered Captur! Our dealer said that it could be done and that we didn't have to choose right away. We chose all black but changed our mind and went for the black/ light silver.

So now we start all over again. The result, we first get our new car in late august, not June.

·
Super Moderator
2,626 Posts
Welcome. In theory, a change of colour should not affect the delivery date. Most manufacturers don't make a load of cars in one colour then a load in another colour; the colours are mixed on the production line. Once you have your build slot allocated, then up to the moment when the sales order is placed with the manufacturing part of the factory, changes should be possible without delays.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome to our new forum members from Denmark!
I'm really surprised that you have been told that your changed colour choice will take longer if it was done fairly quickly....
When these Capturs came onto the market, it was difficult to get them delivered quickly, a bit like it still is, but the dealer in Poland had anticipated a demand for them so he had placed an order with Renault for certain models with certain engines. That meant that 'some' colour had been chosen.
I came along and specified the colour and all the other extras, and the dealer then 'modified' his initial order and I got my car in 14 weeks.
I know that there are plenty of cars here in Poland, and that many are finding their way onto the market in Germany as they are in demand there and the wait seems to be long..
Stick with your choice!! The two tone cars are stunnong....and although black is great....it's difficult to keep clean!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice welcome.

Second Captur ordered today, first one canceled.Formula Edition 0,9 light silver/ Black roof and more....

Delevery: late august

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
At least you're getting what colour you want and that's what counts!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got a mail form the dealer. Delivery in the first week of september, so 16 + 1 weeks delivery until now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Seems like a standard wait - just had my delivery pushed back from this week to September....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just don't understand Renault. They are struggling to get back into the Danish car market. Have had a long mail correspondence with Renault Denmarks customer service today andit left me with the feeling that I've just committed the biggest mistake by ordering a Renault.....
Hope I'm wrong....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts