Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to the forum, but thought I would join as I picked up my Captur yesterday, what a car!!!!

Thought I would have to wait for ages to get mine, but ordered it last Sunday (15/9/13), and picked it up yesterday. This was mainly due to my very clever husband, advising the dealership there was a car almost exactly to my spec sitting in their stock pile, when they didn't know it was there!! (Knew there was a reason I married him haha).

Only problem was the R-Link wasn't working properly, but again, clever husband to the rescue and most of it is working now, I am just missing the discovery pack, which we hope to get sorted tomorrow, when we speak to the dealer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
WOW that was quick, what colour did you go for? It would appear that the dealerships don't appear to know that they need to register the R Link in order to access the discovery pack that comes with the car. I hope you get it soretd out tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Iang,
I got the Diamond Black, with Ivory Roof and Ivory gloss pack, with white wheels (which are already dirty :( ). I'll upload photo's when I figure out how :).
When we went to the dealership to collect it yesterday, the apps were there but greyed out, so they took it back to the workshop and factory reset it I think, and now those apps have disappeared. Will see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wow!...that was really quick...you lucky lady!!

Now, just enjoy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ooh that is the colour combo I have gone for but I have gone for silver and black wheels. I am interested to see the white wheels. I didn't think about adding white wheels until after I had ordered!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi CazB,
Yeah I love the colour, as I wanted heated seats, that was the only car they had, which was perfect, we could have changed the wheels, but really liked them when we got to see the car, so decided to keep them, only down side is they get very dirty, very quickly, so will probably spend a lot of my time cleaning them :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr65,
Thanks, haven't been a member of a car forum for a good few years, glad to see everyone is really friendly :)

I think my hubby should have a job at Renault, he could probably show them a thing or too hahaha

·
Registered
824 Posts
Pixie
How did hubby know that they had one in stock.....had he been peeping over fences!
its always nice getting one up on a dealer......especially when they should know...good one...enjoy the new mota!

·
Registered
588 Posts
never mind your new car, can i borrow your hubby when i go to pick mine up
lol

glad your enjoying it and here's to lots of motoring fun

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All - Well between the dealer & Hubby I now have the Discovery Pack installed and Mr P configured it and I have sent my first e-mail from the Captur :) All done remotely from our driveway (what a great piece of kit).Just missing the Coyote App but should have that sorted over the next few days.

Another good surprise is that when you walk away from thecar it auto locks and beeps to tell you - is there no end to its talents :) Just wish the mirrors opened and closed automatically when you unlock & lock (but now I am justbeing greedy:)))

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi TC Eddy
Hubby knew most dealers have a S model in their showrooms which normally have extras added to them (assume to tempt us) so he made a couple of calls, found one and told the dealer we went too.

Was originally my second colour choice but once I saw it in the flesh knew in the end I had the right one (Hubby did not like my first choice...what would he know, oh yes, on this occasion quite a lot:))

So if you make a few calls you may find one somewhere which most dealers can get hold of - think there are incentives for registering before end of Sept, we got mine in a week so guess there is still time before month end - hope that helps someone.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Pixie. The only application I can't seem to get to work is the Coyote one. I am not really sure what it is to be honest.

With regards to the wing mirrors being manually operated to close I much prefer that than automatically closing when the engine switches off due to the fact you could be in a confined space such as a garage and may not want then to open until you are out of it. Just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts