Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my DCi90 Deisel today, so am reading with vigour and learning about all my new buttons.Spec is Dynamique Media Nav Creme with full Black Manhattan Colour Pack, extra tinted rear windows. Ive recently retired and wanted something economical and practical to throw the grandkids in the back of. After much tyre kicking we settled on the Captur and have waited twelve weeks to get it. Looked at a mitubishi, NissanQuashquai Hyundi i35 Kia sportage all too big for our needs, a Peugot 2008 a 3008 a Mokka (nice but pricey for decent spec) and a juke. Were not quite over the hill yet so wanted something a bit trendy and fresh. Love the four year warranty it means to us no AA cover to pay out, no service costs, no road tax and no MOT for a while any way.

So far so good, I think it looks the part(you can allways tell when people slow down too much so you will overtake them and they can get a better glimpse) andI know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ive plenty to get used to but so far its been painless.

Ive waited to join because if i'd got involved the wait would have been even worse than it was. Hope like other forums this will be a good scource of info and reference.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome Thewhiteball, a long wait but I am sure you will agree it is well worth it. One of the things thae persuaded me to go with the Captur was the low running cost, I was initially tempted by the Peugeot 2008 having had a 3008, however loved the personalisation options with the Captur. Please let us know how you get in with the car over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Whiteball it sounds like you have done your homework before plumping for the Captur.....great choice but I am biased!!
It also sounds like you have bought one for same reasons as myself brilliant 4 year package! Hopefully never need to use some of it but good to have all the same.They do attract some attention dont they?
Enjoy the new mota it sounds lovely!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi the whiteball, it sounds like you considered many of the cars we did what we found was that many of the boots were ridiculously small. Unfortunatly we won't get ours until next year (Dynamique S) in Ivory with the Black roof and mirrors, so if you get around to taking any pictures of yours i'd be pleased to see them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi and welcome, very similar to a few of us. The car is mainly for me and the wife. But I have the grand kids every now and then so look at this as the ideal motor. Plus I also think it looks great. Sold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi whiteball, it does seem able to cope with most situations. For me, we live out in the sticks some what through lanes and 10 miles from a main road- so wanted something that gives me a but more presence on the road with better visibility.. We have 2 Honda Jazz's and the old shape 56 plate doesnt cope as well as the newer 09 plate (better spec too). Sadly we will be retiring the older one but i think the Captur is going to be a superb replacement :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts