Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking to try and get an unusual coloured captur. I've googled the different colours and have seen that Europe is launching the Helly Hansen special edition in June, which has a Flamme Red option. My local dealership says this will be rebranded for the UK as the 'New York' collection.

Is anyone else considering this special edition?!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Already love my Oyster Grey and Black I have been stopped a couple of times todayand have been told what a fabulous looking car and colour
Very happy bunny

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello MrsMK

Not seen any pricing for the special edition - given that Renault can't build the 'normal' ones quickly enough I would want a delivery date written in the blood of the Renault CEO......

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
Given that they can't build enough "Ordinary" ones, can't even think of starting to build the base "Expression" trim level, what on earth are they thinking of by launching a special edition?Are Helly Hanson prepared for the backlash from disgruntled potential purchasers, put off by the long delays or are these special editions going to get priority manufacturing slots and make people on the waiting list even more fed up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear, I didn't realise there were delivery issues - is this a UK-wide issue or specific to certain dealerships/regions?

Would it be better to buy off the forecourt then, if I was in a rush??

·
Registered
338 Posts
MrsMK said:
Oh dear, I didn't realise there were delivery issues - is this a UK-wide issue or specific to certain dealerships/regions?

Would it be better to buy off the forecourt then, if I was in a rush??
I never buy car from new - the idea of an uncertain wait and dealer holding my money and me to ransom for months, just does not sit well with me. There are plenty of cars out there with around 1000-2000 miles on the clock and in variety of choices and with good discounts.
But then, each to his own

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
It's a Europe-wide thing, especially if you want an auto. Unless you find a car that's not sold in the system you could be waiting 20 weeks or more, like me, even if the dealer tells you it should be about 12 weeks. If you are happy to accept the car "as it comes" with no factory-fitted extras then you'd be better off buying "off the forecourt" unless you don't mind an incredibly long wait.

My initial excitement has worn off and I'm so p!$$3d off with the misleading info I was given on delivery (and the 5 month wait) that I'd quite happily cancel my order if only I could find something nicer that I can afford.... and if the present car holds out until late-July. The present car is also a Renault and I bought it new in 1998 and was messed about with delivery on that one too. In 16 years Renault hasn't improved the way it treats its private purchasers and from my experiences and contact with their customer "services", they show no intention of doing so, and therefore hopefully the Captur will be my last ever Renault

·
Registered
428 Posts
Why the **** are Renault producing a "special" edition when they are struggling so badly at providing customers with "ordinary" models.
Typical that they start offering different colours / specifications just when you have purchased one.
Wonder what the waiting times will be. Dread to think.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi all, Renualt Manchester have 3 or 4 pre reg Capturs and Mike the sales man said they had stocks again didnt ask for more info as was picking mine up and didnt want the wife to see differant colour and change her mind!!!! have a web site and had two drivers picking up cars for customers down south.
I hadnt seen my car till i went to pick it up all done by email and phone felt strange but got a great deal.

·
Registered
588 Posts
if i had to now id view on the forecourt and buy one. 1st time ive ever bought a new car and the wait killed me (although the wait was well worth it).as said before an ex-demo with a few thousand on the clock can be a real bargin and no real waiting times so this would be my choice.also being able to see the car "in the flesh" is a real bonus.

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
Just try finding a used diesel auto that has a spare wheel/tyre

·
Registered
338 Posts
IvorETower said:
Just try finding a used diesel auto that has a spare wheel/tyre
That is how I got mine (manual,though) - it only had just over 1000 miles, top spec diesel black/ Arizona bits and bobs. Mind you, had to drive 200 plus miles to get it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My local dealer has about half a dozen 'pre-registered' Capturs on the forecourt.

No idea about pricing or specs - I'd already ordered mine by that time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good tip r.e demonstrator models. Just found one in Birmingham so may take a drive up there to see it today :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
that's how I got mine 195 miles on the clockI had the choice of three

1 - 15 of 15 Posts