Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 14 reg Renault capture dynamique with media nav. Ive never had a problem before but coming to use my navi today and like always it displays the caution message and the agree button at the bottom. Normally after a few seconds it lights up then i press and continue. For some reason its completely greyed out and no matter how long i wait it won't highlight for me to press agree. Anything i can do to fix it

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Some members have had to disconnect the battery then reconnect it, it should reset the dvd/sat nav unit

Disconnect the negative (black terminal)
THEN reconnect it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removing disconnecting the battery fully

Always disconnect the negative (black terminal) first.

After that you can disconnect the positive ( red )

Reconnecting

When you reconnect, connect the positive cable first ( red ) and then the negative cable ( black )

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Lou sumner
What you done before happen this situation? Did you update something in MediaNav?
This happen when the license don't recognise the map files.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
I've had this issue before and it cleared by itself after a few weeks. I use a stand-alone TomTom device and not medianav anyway, so it was just a minor inconvenience

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know very well these MediaNav. If after a reset don't come back normal, then there is a problem.
If nobody touch it ... then is a MN1 first generation, which in last time get fault the NAND memory.
Let's see which version is the unit and what happen before.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it was fine the next day (monday) and now (wednesday) its coming up with a fatal error message. I use the navi alot as i do alot of motorway driving. Anyone know what the fatal error is and if i would need to take it in anywhere

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Lou sumner
What you done before happen this situation? Did you update something in MediaNav?
This happen when the license don't recognise the map files.
No nothing has been updated or touched. Had it a year and 2 months now and only just having this problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go check in Settings/System/System version what is written there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the first generation of MediaNav so called MN1.
Being a MN1 it's a bad sign without touch it to happen this.
In last period I receive more and more MN1 with memory fault.
What's the behaviour now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its currently working, just every now and then displays the fatal error message on the screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For sure some files are damaged.
The question is if is possible to remake it or memory give sign that have areas which fail reading.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Lou sumner write me on PM and I try help you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts