Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 14 reg Renault capture dynamique with media nav. Ive never had a problem before but coming to use my navi today and like always it displays the caution message and the agree button at the bottom. Normally after a few seconds it lights up then i press and continue. For some reason its completely greyed out and no matter how long i wait it won't highlight for me to press agree. Anything i can do to fix it

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Some members have had to disconnect the battery then reconnect it, it should reset the dvd/sat nav unit

Disconnect the negative (black terminal)
THEN reconnect it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removing disconnecting the battery fully

Always disconnect the negative (black terminal) first.

After that you can disconnect the positive ( red )

Reconnecting

When you reconnect, connect the positive cable first ( red ) and then the negative cable ( black )

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
I've had this issue before and it cleared by itself after a few weeks. I use a stand-alone TomTom device and not medianav anyway, so it was just a minor inconvenience

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know very well these MediaNav. If after a reset don't come back normal, then there is a problem.
If nobody touch it ... then is a MN1 first generation, which in last time get fault the NAND memory.
Let's see which version is the unit and what happen before.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it was fine the next day (monday) and now (wednesday) its coming up with a fatal error message. I use the navi alot as i do alot of motorway driving. Anyone know what the fatal error is and if i would need to take it in anywhere

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's the first generation of MediaNav so called MN1.
Being a MN1 it's a bad sign without touch it to happen this.
In last period I receive more and more MN1 with memory fault.
What's the behaviour now?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.