Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello! Just about to get rid of my Fiat 500 ( seemed like a good idea at the time, but way too small in reality) and discovered to my surprise this very classy looking car called a Captur. - made by Renault!?!Have to say gave me great pause, only other Renault I ever owned, when I lived in Australia 15 years ago, was a complete lemon- having to take back my vow never to touch one again!Own a dog and the huge attraction with the car, apart from the shape, was the zip off seat covers, sad I know..!
Now, help please owners.I want to go in and order tomorrow afternoon, have done all the test drives, figures, decided on the couple of extra needed.. Blahdeblah.. So now for colour choice.... Nightmare! There are far too many combos for a ditherer like me to decide. The Fiat was easy, have a cute little white one with a black sunroof ( sadly just as every other two drivers of these cars!)SO... Help please.
The Orange and Bright blue are striking for sure, I think, but they are pretty 'out there' and are they a bit marmite and/or likely to be out of fashion in four years when I need to change it?The silvers are both nice.. But will I lose it in the car park amongst all the others! I am leaning toward the ivory ( which is not actually as white as I thought) and black roof. To me looks classy, my partner thinks boring!Arghhh... How did everyone else decide?! Any advice??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go all out on the colour I have black with Arizona roof, Arizona wheels and trim (inside and out) I love the looks it gets not had a negative so far ;-)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome, I'd suggest a good look through the gallery section, you'll find some good ideas there. Make sure you askabout the different colour packs and what they entail as they can make a big difference to the look of the different combo's. Its usually a good test of how gen'd up the garage is as well.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I like my stone/black combo...but my second choice would be oyster grey/black.....Spend the extra money on R link...it's worth it!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Gracie. I too am trading up from a Fiat 500 which I love but is far too impractical so reading your post made me smile! I've ordered silver with a black roof, did consider the ivory but then I thought about cleaning it

·
Registered
169 Posts
must admit i pondered about the colour combo but in end went for ivory with black roof and now i have it am very glad i did but again its a very personnel choice i think there are a number of combos that look great

·
Registered
588 Posts
welcome Gracie, id try the gallery here for idea's like Thewhiteball suggested or try this link:

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/captur/captur/configurator/

choose the spray can and it will give you all the colour options and might help you decide

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Gracie (my daughter has a Fiat 500 in white...great little car!!) Captur is a good choice but I am biased!! I chose Black with Arizona roof and black wheels.......it always looks tidy!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Gracie, my wife was fed up of grey and black cars and chose Arizona with black roof and black gloss, it brings a smile to everybody's face !

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Gracie and welcome
I considered several of the colour combo's but me and Mrs F have always wanted a bright blue car so it was the Tahoe blue that we kept coming back to. The ivory is very smart as is the Arizona as is ....... its not easy is it
I would say though that in my opinion they do look smarter in two tone and the silver & black wouldn't look like all the other silver cars on the road. Good luck and it will be fab whatever colour you choose!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Georgiegirl,

What a coincidence, from Fiat to Captur! What prompted your change? I didn't realise how much I would miss 5 doors! Umm, silver is my second choice, have to say - does not show the dirt as much as other colours for sure!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks will definitely try that idea, though hard to see in pictures exactly what the colour is e.g, when I actually saw the ivory it was not as white as I had thought. All the colours do look great in the pictures, definitely will get a two tone!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks to everyone for such prompt and helpful replies, not sure I am any clearer- but then I am the Queen of indecision! Good to know though that you have all ended up happy with your choices, so sure I will be with mine in the end!
Was interested in the comment about the Rlink, does this come standard with the Dynamics? Also, does the bluetooth allow hands free mobile phone calling, or just receiving? My little Fiat has 'Bluetooth and me' and I can interact via voice - so I might miss that if it is not part of the medianav!

·
Registered
588 Posts
the r link is an added option Gracie. (about £450 if memory serves me right) as for the hands free im not sure as i havent used it yet lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Media Nav one system and R link is another... I have the R link and love it....Better sound quality with more speakers...Tom Tom navigation, The option to add a reversing camera... (extra cost...but worth every penny as the car does have a few blind spots..)
At the end of the day it is a matter of preference...I cannot answer your question as models differ abroad to those in the UK.
I have the full spec Intens and it has R link with parking sensors both front and rear and reversing camera..
There are fans for both systems!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
236 Posts
Definitely go for R-Link with state of the art Tom Tom satnav, reversing camera and internet connection, you won'tregret it !

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I agree Julian...it seems a lot extra to pay but it's something that I do not regret...You CANNOT add it on as an option once the car is ordered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have indeed come a long way since Henry Ford! Mind you, I wonder what he would make of resurgence of black as the 'in vogue' colour of today, despite the rainbow shades now available to us. Black and silver still top of the pops it seems last year.

I am STILL in a quandry over colour - was almost set on Ivory and black roof. THEN thought maybe silver would be easier to keep clean etc.. but maybe too conservative...now toying with the idea of a colour afterall. Yeek! I am even now starting to rethink having the two tone- wondering if the coloured roof does not make the captur look lower.. I really am blooming hopeless! Friends are not helping.. "Well its really personal choice" I know, I know, just can't make the choice!! Umm..think I will go back and have a look at some of the photos ...again..!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts