Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So, been back to Renault in Canterbury (Kent) and finally managed to get a test drive of the Captur. In love.

As soon as I've sold my little smart I'll be placing my order.

Dynamique MediaNav 1.5 dCi
EDC
Tahoe blue all over.

Now I play the waiting game.

·
Registered
924 Posts
welcome to the forum. Most people play the waiting game. But many agree its worth it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
welcome
You wont be disappointed its a dream to drive

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One question I forgot to ask the dealer. Hopefully one of you can answer for me. In my Dads Scenic 2 it has the electrochromatic rear view mirror along with auto lights and wipers. Looking through the brochure I've not seen it in there, I know it comes with the auto lights and wipers. Do Renault offer this anymore on new cars?

Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Had the same on my Megan Privilege but not on the Captur.

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
863 Posts
have they told you how long you would have to wait ????

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't ordered one yet, waiting for some finances to fall into place then I will. My dealer said is could be anywhere between 4 and 12 weeks when I do place the order.

·
Registered
428 Posts
4 weeks is very optimistic. More like 12 to be realistic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi mac3g, nice to see you on here. I ordered the same model as you from Motorline Canterbury on 8th May, although I've gone for silver with the black roof.

Maybe we can compare notes over the next 12 (possibly 16
) weeks?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think realistically it will be a 12 to 16 week wait...unless you've got a dealer who can source one in the country..
Welcome to the merry band!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats all for the very warm welcome.

The one I took out on the test drive was the only auto in Kent!!!

Very nice salesman at MotorLine Canterbury too.

Even though when I do place my order in the not too distant future, I'll be getting the 4 year lease deal they have. Whats the odds on then being open to haggling? I know I'm already getting what I think is a pretty good deal but I'm wondering if they would budge on the price or maybe even throw in the R-Link system and the Manhattan seat covers? Is £600 of 'freebies' too much to ask?

Only had one lease before and that was for my Smart Fortwo and Mercedes refused point blank to budge on price.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi mac

Hard to say - Renault can't build them fast enough to meet current demand so don't see the incentive for them to make deals. I ordered mine in April for June delivery but that has been pushed out to September
. I compromised on the interior (I wanted the Manhattan as well) on the understanding that if I did so I could have one that was already in build..........

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blimey that a massive jump in delivery time.

Hopefully when it comes to ordering mine shouldn't be too long. Only thing I've added is the EDC gearbox on a diesel engine. I Think I could be swayed to taking one in a different colour though. The one I took out was in ivory and when I looked at the colour on the inter web I didn't like it, in the metal it's actually quite a nice colour. To be fair apart from the Boston Blue, I'd take any colour as much as I want Tahoe Blue.

It'd be just my luck that I sell both cars that we have up for sale and we'd be left carless for several months :-(

I went to VW the same day to look at cars and the cocky salesman wouldn't even let get go near a Scirocco that I initially enquired about. Took me to a MK7 Golf SE, 6 months old. Got an email an hour later from them saying, for £2000 down and £320 a month for 4 years I could have the Golf. That only included 2 years servicing with it. The Golf was up for £17500. Politely replied saying for the same £17500 I can get a brand new Captur with 4 years servicing blah blah blah for less deposit and £100 a month LESS. How does that work ?!?

Happy to go with Renault as my Dad has a 54 plate Scenic 2, 100k on the clock and still running as sweet as the day we got it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The EDC gearbox is rare and even more so in the diesel as it was launched last..
Well worth the wait though....I'd love to hear how good it is with the diesel engine, as it's perfect teamed up with the petrol engine..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was out for about half hour with it. Nice and responsive, nice to drive a car that knows what the **** is doing in that department. My Smart a lot of the time thinks, lurches then changes gear. Mind you, after 5 years of driving them I've gotten most of the gear changes down to a fine art now.

The Capture was very smooth, quite quiet and plenty of pulling power. It felt....right. Didn't even want to drive it in the 'manual' mode as the full auto side was so good.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great! Nice to hear your first positive comments...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ythsie said:
The EDC gearbox is rare and even more so in the diesel as it was launched last..
Well worth the wait though....I'd love to hear how good it is with the diesel engine, as it's perfect teamed up with the petrol engine..
Ythsie - I have the EDC 1.5 diesel auto and it's fantastic. It's smooth as you like and has more than enough power for me to run it on Eco all the time. It's currently running at 59.7mpg which I am very happy with.

I do a fair bit if motorway driving as well as suburban and it performs fantastically in all conditions. I don't even have an issue with the aircon which seems to aircon just as well even with the Eco on.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Funny that you say that about the air con, I leave it in ECO as well and it opperates brilliantly.
I repeat myself...obviously the 1.5 and 1.2 are ideally mated to the auto box set up...and it's a very complete and capable combination!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts