Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so pleased to find out there's a forum forCaptur owners.

So I ordered my Dynamique S MediaNav 1.5 DCI 90 Auto EDC on Mon Feb 3rd.

I was told it would delivery would be May 28thwhich was 16 weeks 2 days!!! Still another 8 weeks to go!

Pretty unhappy but having taken an age reviewing and analysing hundreds of carsI knew this was the oneI wanted and have stuck it out thus far.

However.....

3 questions:

1) Given it will have been a long 16 weeks by May 28th, what is the likelihood of even further delays?

I will spend sometime reading the forums thoroughly in case this has been asked before but for now I've only had a quick browse for this and based on what ive seen it appears to be a likely possibility

2) I have gone for the Ivory with Black Roof and Mirrors with Black Trim and Alloys.

Is Ivory another word for Cream?

....I ask because until today I had not seen one in the flesh and my god the one I saw this lunchtimelooks like its cream coloured with the black two tone - which is certainly not the shade of whitein the guide book or on the one or two google images I had found. It totally ruins the impact of the black and I know that look or colouring isnot everything when buying a car but trust me when I say its a long storyparticularly as my other half wanted the bright white Peugeot 2008so the colour is a huuuuge thing.

3) Given the two questions above - what are my rights with regards pulling out - not saying I'm going to butwith the delays and now the colour issue plusthe costs the wait timeis incurring me (I wrote offthe previouscar and am hiring one until this arrives) I'm certainly considering it.

I have paid a £500 deposit so far but that's it.

Many Thanks ahead of time to anybody who takes the time to reply.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The auto does seem to suffer from longer delays I'm afraid, another member on here was told 20 weeks for his

Ivory certainly isn't white

As for pulling out, I think you'll have to bite the bullet on your deposit unless it gets delayed past the date you agreed, then you may have a justifiable cause

Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
203 Posts
Am I right in assuming you don't like the ivory colour?? Thats the colour combo I went for.. My wife has a diamond white Clio and she even says how classy Ivory & Diamond black roof looks. I know colour is a very personal preference...but have another look at it...you might grow to love it!!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for your reply

Sorry if I'm being dumb are you saying that we should have known Ivory was not white? and would include Cream- I don't disagree but whats misleading is although they called it ivory in all of the merchandise it appeared in the images to be a proper white, notwith anyhint ofcream as I have seen today.

What confuses the matter more though is I have seen a white one with orange and that appeared to be proper white.

I'm not sure whether its the surrounding environment at the timeor thespray paintitselfthat's giving of these different hues.

I have rung the dealer and he assured me that the ivory was not meant to be in anyway appearing as cream. Is he having me on.

Sorry for the dumb qu's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I guess lots of colours appear different in different light levels and matched with other colours.The orange/white you've seen is indeed orange and ivory

Have a look on hereand see if you can find one close enough to go and have a look at

Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have always though of white is white and ivory is not. To emphasise this I have just googled ivory colour. It is classified as off-white, with a hint of yellow; like teeth it says (unless you are a Hollywood actor).

I understand from other owners of ivory coloured capturs it looks more classy thanwhite.It doesn't even show the dirt as much.

To call a car white in colour isOK, but to call it Ivory coloured somehow lifts it above others.

My car is Arizona, my wife will not call it orange. I keep saying we've been Tangoed. The Arizona looks very different in different lighting. I understand that capturs in other colours also look different in varying light. So many of us may not have bought the colour we first saw.

I hope this post has helped.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to state thankyou all for your responses.

I think the mistake I made was not actually investigating what 'ivory' was as a colour which if you do, as several of you have mentioned it, very much describes the sort of 'off' white i've been seeing.

All we did was observe and interpret the colour in the brochure which appeared as straightforward 'white'.

But its definitely the case that the hinting is different based on real vs pictures.

I've even some images that make the Arizona look proper red in What Car? magazine.

In reality Arizona is a far darker orange than the brochure made out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I consider myself an expert on colours....because I was lucky to see a lot of different Captur colours in the flesh before choosing one..
I have to say that they are nearly ALL deceptive apart from black. The light changes all of them... I thougbt about the ivory and black and saw it on a dark day and my partner thought it was too creamy... we decided against it...but I have seen it on a sunny day and it's elegant!!
The orange/ black combination looked great on a sunny day but was a deep shade when dull. We had a silver car for many years and wanted a change...and we saw the stone beige colour which did not seem to change so we opted for that with black and are very pleased...although it is not a popular choice..
The silver and the darker silver are true to their colours...the brown does a similar trick in lighting conditions as do the two blues offered...one metalic and one not.
Certainly you CANNOT go on the brochure or computer colours as THEY ARE DIFFERENT.
Ivory is closer to cream than white, and is NOTHING like white...so please be warned!!! Be aware that it is one of the MOST POPULAR COMBINATIONS and is attractive!!!!!
Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
<div align="left">As for your model...I don't know of anyone with the auto box in diesel on the forum.....I'm probably wrong and missed it somewhere....but I have fellow members with the auto box petrol only!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Have seen all ivory and I'm sorry it's not for me and I know I'm biased but it think it's fantastic in two tone with black roof. Ythsie is right you really need to see any Captur colours in the flesh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last week I collect our Arizona and Ivory Captur and yes the roof is not white as I have a white C3. Love the Ivory colour.

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
From the brochure, the lighter colours are ivory, mercury silver, stone and oyster grey. There is no separate white. The ivory body colour should be the same shade as the roof on other colours, when they have the contrasting (ivory) colour.

I'm another who thinks that ivory with black roof looks stunning; as to waiting for delivery, yes I am one of those who was told 20 weeks (diesel auto), and I'm now almost at the end of week 5 and hoping thatdelivery won't slip at all

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have arizona with an ivory roof and love it (only had it 2 days so far!). Noticed today though on the photo I took that it looks white in the sunshine so I wouldn't worry too much. I think the ivory in the "flesh" looks very classy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ivory with black roof and ivory wheels looks stunning- got one parked in the garage.
Guy over the road just taken delivery of white Ford Kuga-to be honest there is no contest in terms of exclusive visual impact.Pure white cars are two a penny nowadays. Also the quality of the paint finish is excellent-panic not and there is a financial saving over the metallic finishes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dont worry ive got the ivory with black wheels ,looks great ,even better with black roof. you wont be disappointed ,looks really classy, be patient and enjoy it when it comes

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ythsie said:
<div align="left">As for your model...I don't know of anyone with the auto box in diesel on the forum.....I'm probably wrong and missed it somewhere....but I have fellow members with the auto box petrol only!

my car is diesel auto ythsie
and i have to agree with u when u say that the colours are changing when in different lights.as far as i know u can change the colour before it goes in production have a chat with your dealer but the ivory is very classy (i saw one in sainsbury parking and was lovely)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ythsie said:

You forgot me Ythsie. Proud owner of a silver and black Dynamique 1.5 Diesel Auto :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts