Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered our new captur. (how do you say that?). Very excited and told the car is in Southampton so when might I see it do you think.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Happy Easter and congratulations on your fabulous New purchase of your Captur

I have had mine now 24days and I am totally loving every moment

Mine is oyster grey and diamond black roof

I pronounce as Cap tour

Lyn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lyn, you too! Just wondered if Captor is a French word? If so how would it be pronounced? After all, does anyone say 'Rennalt' instead of 'Renno' . See this is my first Renault and keen to get it right!

·
Registered
104 Posts
welcome aboard Roger....
I would say "Renno Cap ture" but then that's just me. it's a good question,how do others see it ?

anyway it's a brilliant choice of car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome roger that, I have had a look on lots of sites and spoke to the dealers and as far as Iv'e been told its spelt captur but pronounced capture as in to capture something but I stand to be corrected, out of interest what captur did you order? as in Spec colour Ect some people on here are waiting up to five months for delivery ordered ours 6th Feb supposed to be ready to pick up May 7th

·
Registered
921 Posts
I used to have a Chevrolet Captiv a few years ago which was easier to pronounce

It isn't a French word as far as I am aware

I have spoken to a friend who Is french and they say Cap tuur

And Ren know

I quite like Capturr

I had one of the first Clios in the UK and now the Captur

You will really enjoy yours I am sure

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My order is for a Dynamique MediaNav ENERGY dCi 90 Stop and Start in Ivory/black roof and 'lifesaver' spare wheel! Goodness knows when I'll be behind the wheel though, sooner than later I hope! Anyone hazard a guess?

·
Registered
741 Posts
RogerThat said:
My order is for a Dynamique MediaNav ENERGY dCi 90 Stop and Start in Ivory/black roof and 'lifesaver' spare wheel! Goodness knows when I'll be behind the wheel though, sooner than later I hope! Anyone hazard a guess?

Given the bank holiday and the odd delivery and logistical problem that Renault are suffering from at the moment I would say early May.

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
RogerThat said:

I hope you mean "spacesaver" rather than "lifesaver" ! If you're drowning and someone throws you the wheel/tyre, you'll be in even deeper trouble !

As to delivery waiting time..... if you are lucky and your car is in stock somewhere in the UK, you could have it in under 2 weeks.

If it has to be ordered from the factory, it seems to be about 12 weeks for a manual, and 20 weeks for an automatic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, used lifesaver deliberately, had the totally useless pump kit in a previous car and a pothole took out both the front and rear tyres. Had to borrow the space saver out of my other car and one from a friends to get me home! Must say on that occasion they were 'lifesavers'! Had other punctures in the past too which would not have been solved with the gunk! I have no faith in this product and my experience of road side assistance has taken hours of my time when a spare can be put on and rolling again in minutes! Edited by: RogerThat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts