Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im a newbie, ive ordered an all black captur, 1.5 dci with an estimated delivery date of 12th September, thats 80 days away, excited much...... i ordered on 6th june! Id love to get a call to say i can have it earlier however after readin this forum, ive prepared myself for october delivery however would be extremely disappointed if that was the case!!

I've currently got a 10yr old megane which has the most awful carpets - please someone tell me the captur carpets are easier to clean. Megane carpets are like velcro and attract soooo much mess!! And also someone give me hope that i wont have to wait longer than my edd!! Xx

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find that the wait you've been quoted is likely to be longer, not shorter I'm afraid.

·
Registered
95 Posts
welcome - for many of us in Denmark its about 17 weeks ..............JFYI :))
Edited by: Peter Slagelse DK

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, from this forum, i know its wishful thinking, was just hoping it may not be, ill keep you updated

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank u Tyrfelin

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm sure the Captur will be worth the wait (I collect mine on Friday). Your Megane carpets are probably just as bad as my Clio ones - it took me an age to vacuum clean the things!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi lor, the carpets are horrendous!!

Even when i clean them theres still loads of bits, i hope the captur carpets aren't like this!!

Im excited for u, i hate wishing time away but if i could click my fingers and fast forward to september i most definetly would!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Feel sorry for all you, lot but if you snooze you lose. Had mine for six months now ,absolutely brilliant ,i ordered mine and collected it in 9 days ! that was last year though , now everyone wants one. Just be patient ,the captur is well worth waiting for. malcaptur.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi, sorry to say that i ordered my dynamique s on 23rd march and have just been advised to expect delivery on 1st September - nearly 6 months waiting :-(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh great, 6 months wait would take me to December ˜­, dont no if my megane can hold out much longer!!

Malcaptur, Stop rubbin our noses in it....lol,

I Get sooo eXcited when i see 1, im Seein more And More although haven't spotted 1 today yet. I cant wait for mine although i checked back on the email And it Says its expected at the dealership on 12th september, so i am expecting a lengthier wait now ˜”

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think its a disgrace on Renaults part.to wait nearly 6 months is disgusting.they got the whole distribution completely wrong.they have been in existence long enough to judge the situation surely.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
We love our Captur but at the time of shopping for a new car we were told that we would have to wait six months for a Mokka. We only waited 6 weeks for the Captur!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have only hoovered the car once , found it ok. I struck a deal and got free mats , worth £50',,,for the car which I just shake every couple of weeks ,

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you've got a 6 month wait, cancel the order and find yourself a pre-reg. I've seen 4 at Holden Norwich and I believe Lyn has seen some near her.
Edited by: lor

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shellkj said:
please someone tell me the captur carpets are easier to clean.

Welcome and may your Captur serve you well! (Hope is right what I just wrote - I wanted to be a littletheatrical).

You will find Captur a fine car. A beautiful car. As a matter of fact I think is one of the finest on the market right now. I own it for some time now and I can say is a dream.
I'm glad to tell you that the carpets arerelativelyeasy to clean. But is the same material used in all cars. In my Skoda, after a while I justgivenup trying to get them as clean as I intended. But with the right mats... they will do wonders. I don't know about Megane but Captur's mats are fixed on the floor with locks so they won't move away and let very much dirt get under.
But the real problem are the plastic covered areas. They get dirty really easy and fingerprints are all over. But with the right tools you can clean it quickly. I just didn't find them yet.
Until then, I use a dry cotton towel andrubthe **** out of it.

But these are just details. The car itself... WOW!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all, yh, it is a ridiculously long wait, its all about supply & demand really & common sense tells u to increase productivity when u see the need. I imagine theyve lost a fair few customers because of this, im having it through a salaru sacrifice scheme at work and therfore have to just wait it out otherwise i would've gone direct, but its a good deal so am gonna stick with it.....sad but true!!!

As for the carpets, thats interesting about the mats, i wobder if the uk versions have mats that are fixed to the floor?? The made 2 measure sounds a great idea though, defo gana look in2 that.

Geodor, im certain the captur will serve me ‘Œ thry Are a stunning caR, As soon as I Have A delivery date, im Booking annual leave to SPend a good Week wit

1 - 20 of 24 Posts