Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im looking at buying a 2013 captur from a local evans halshaw dealer.

They didn't have the trim i wanted in stock so are bringing it in from another branch for me.

Its a 30th september 2013 1.5dci dynamique medianav with 5600 miles. The price they are offering (which i can hopefully negotiate a bit on) is £13900- what do you think of this price for the age/ miles?

Is there anything i need to be checking with the used models? and problems which should have been rectified?

Any advice much appreciated!







Edited by: soph_j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
hi soph_I ,great cars 1.5 dci you should have no probs with imo. although 5600 is prob about average have seen Captur's on Arnold clark sites at under 1k for about same price!! and they will bring to your local showroom aswell.... got just short of 2.5k on mine no problems sofar (and don't expect any).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Be aware that Evans Halshaw don't discount - the price is the price, they market therein cars as being the cheapest comparable cars within something like 30 miles and therefore the price is the price so don't bank on what you can get for a discount.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
There seem to be a lot of ex-Renault Capturs being offered as used at various dealers at the moment. I'd ask to see the V5 or at least find out who the first registered owner is. Also find out if it has the 4 year servicing deal included. Apart from that, usual checks like straightness of body panels, matching evenly worn tyres etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
hi

Are these demo cars or maybe even the sales team cars
You will have the remainder of road assist and warranty and service

The usual yearly mileage of a car is estimated to be around 12.k this makes me think they are sales team cars

Or demo cars

The plus point to buying a car with this low mileage on is you haven't lost any depreciation as you would with a brand new car
You will love the Captur I am sure I'm loving mine

Lyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
I think Evans Halshaw are one of these dealers who also have an "admin" charge on top of the screen price, you are unlikley to find out about the charge until you decide to proceed with the order.


As for the 4 years servicing element which is part of the 4+, servicing wont be included if the car was previously supplied as part of a fleetdeal so if it was a rental originally it wont come with the servicing part however it will still have the 4 year warranty and 4 years recovery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
HTP99 said:
I think Evans Halshaw are one of these dealers who also have an "admin" charge on top of the screen price, you are unlikley to find out about the charge until you decide to proceed with the order.


As for the 4 years servicing element which is part of the 4+, servicing wont be included if the car was previously supplied as part of a fleetdeal so if it was a rental originally it wont come with the servicing part however it will still have the 4 year warranty and 4 years recovery.

If service isn't included you can still buy it for £299 as long it's within the first year and no service has been carried out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Yes ex- demo. It comes with roughly 3 1/2 years warranty. No servicing but as im a cash buyer that wouldnt have been included if I had ordered new anyway.

Hmm didnt know they wouldn't further discount. That might be a deal breaker then. Have seen online at Arnold Clark ones with 2500-3000 miles for same kind of money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What sort of service charge? Is this for finance?

One thing that did puzzle me and I didnt click until I got home, on screen it had "road tax" and a price at the side- I thought the 1.5dci had zero road tax?? So why are they charging for it??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
It would save on that horrendous wait for a new one. A diesel with that amount of mileage will be like a brand new car. Considered it myself at first, but with the discounts that Renault were offering (£1,500) persuaded me to buy new.
The only thing I would have doubts about would be it it was run in properly and not thrashed. Have bought many cars of less than one year old though and all have proved to be fine.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
soph_j said:
Have seen online at Arnold Clark ones with 2500-3000 miles for same kind of money.
Arnold Clark have a certain reputation amongst private buyers.........
OK so long as you don't have any problems with the car, but be warned !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
IvorETower said:
soph_j said:
Have seen online at Arnold Clark ones with 2500-3000 miles for same kind of money.
Arnold Clark have a certain reputation amongst private buyers.........
OK so long as you don't have any problems with the car, but be warned !
would they not be covered by Renault warranty if there were to be problems (tho after 2.5/3 k any problems should have shown up)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. Decided against evans halshaw after reading some bad reviews. Spent a while searching for my ideal captur (1.5dci medianav blue/ black roof and black alloys) harrats have found me a brand new one ready and waiting in france so I should have that in a couple of weeks. SO HAPPY!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
dantoo said:
IvorETower said:
soph_j said:
Have seen online at Arnold Clark ones with 2500-3000 miles for same kind of money.
Arnold Clark have a certain reputation amongst private buyers.........
OK so long as you don't have any problems with the car, but be warned !
would they not be covered by Renault warranty if there were to be problems (tho after 2.5/3 k any problems should have shown up)
Yes, but you still have to get the car serviced every year.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
IvorETower said:
dantoo said:
IvorETower said:
soph_j said:
Have seen online at Arnold Clark ones with 2500-3000 miles for same kind of money.
Arnold Clark have a certain reputation amongst private buyers.........
OK so long as you don't have any problems with the car, but be warned !
would they not be covered by Renault warranty if there were to be problems (tho after 2.5/3 k any problems should have shown up)
Yes, but you still have to get the car serviced every year.........
as would be expected to maintain warranty.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
dantoo said:
as would be expected to maintain warranty.
..as I said, Arnold Clark have a certain reputation for not getting things right. Not sure that I'd trust my own car to one of their garages but then I've not done so in the past (and I appear to live hundreds of miles from one of their branches anyway)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
IvorETower said:
dantoo said:
as would be expected to maintain warranty.
..as I said, Arnold Clark have a certain reputation for not getting things right. Not sure that I'd trust my own car to one of their garages but then I've not done so in the past (and I appear to live hundreds of miles from one of their branches anyway)
bought a few cars from Arnold's, never had any problems,but then I don't tend to keep cars long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Seem to be a lot of pre-registered one around with 10 - 15 miles on the clock. We looked at a pre reg but with the zero percent finance it was actually cheaper to buy a new one!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top