Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this forum after reading up on all the issues concerning the Capture.
Last week we purchased a secondhand (8 months)Renault Captur 1.5 DCi.
Wasn't sure why the owner wanted to get rid of such nice car. But now understand that the people from the loony bin came to take him away... Couldn't cope with the R-link Satnav equipment and the lack of support to make this thing work at least once

Bought a Renault Scenic 2.0 petrol in 1999 and another Scenic, this time with 2.0 Turbo petrol engine in 2006. Never had any major problems with it. Started my own company and needed money for a van. sold the scenic and got a Twingo 1.5 DCi no problems at all. However, the Twingo is just too small for me 6'4" for our private trips. Sold the Twingo and got this Captur.
A very comfortable ride indeed, much better than the Twingo.

Started playing with the R-link system but cannot get connected to HD traffic or internet.
Taking it into the garage Thursday morning to see if it can be mended. The posts on this forum don't look very promising but hey, just keep everything crossed, we may be lucky. Friday or Saturday I will post the result, if any.

Safe driving

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm less of a techno than most and am pretty happy with my ordinary medianav system, I'm also sure what your experiencing are teething troubles and that the R Link system will eventually be tamed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye little of faith
, me most of all: reading up on all the horror stories about the R-link issues.Much to my surprise, took it to the Renault garage en after two hours the mechanic came to tell me that all is working as it should be. Fantastic. pleased that the whole thing is back to normal. told the missus i've got an errand to run some 200 miles away
and won't be back for tea tonight.

Suddenly remembered how a two, positive word , sentence can mean a big no: Yeah, right!

Very happy with our 100.000 km warranty and maintenance contract on this motor.

Safe driving.
Jan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts