Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our car is now 2 months old and freeing up nicely. I can't believe the rather poor published 0-60mph time as I find the low down torque impressive. Just right for quick getaways and low speed acceleration.I noticed that the car was very "jittery" on delivery but put up with it for a while. As my back started to complain I checked the tyre pressures. All were 4/5 pounds above recommended pressures. Having corrected them the ride is so much better. Most new cars I have had in recent years have suffered from the same problem. Well worth checking!
A niggle I have is that the heated seats do not default to off! Not good for the acclaimed ecoconcious "Renault" as I invariably find that both get left on (by another driver of the car) and unless checked on startup the next day, use unnecessary energy until spotted. Great little car though. I love the "Repsol Honda" orange wheels on ours.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is the Mpg getting better? I was looking at only diesel but sounds like our mileage will be something like yours,so might have a test drive of petrol ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only slightly. I am disappointed that I have only managed 44mpg and mostly on motorways and keeping under 70. Mixed driving is around 38mpg. I haven't found it to be much better using the eco button, in fact for the marginal difference I would rather have the better response particularly overtaking lorries. So far I find the eco setting a bit of a gimmick (similarly stop/start). I used to get the same mpg from my Qashqai 1.6 petrol and a much heavier car. I can justify the mediocre economy as the big saving for me is that the car is much cheaper per month than a new Qashqai would have been.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts