Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car has the key card inserted and the MediaNav is working etc, but the engine isn't running, I have a high pitched 'whine' (not quite a whistle) that comes from under the bonnet. It's something electrical, (or a fan maybe?) as it eventually switches itself on, and I hear a solenoid go (like when the steering lock goes on). It's not loud, but audible when the car is on the driveway.

Anyone else get this? I don't know if it does it with the engine running, 'cos I can't hear it then.

Captur Dynamique S
Edited by: tx2online

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hear a high pitched noise with mine when I've turned engine off, get out and before self locking activates.
Also hear a noise similar when drivers window is down when going along. Weird!

·
Registered
921 Posts
tx2online said:
When my car has the key card inserted and the MediaNav is working etc, but the engine isn't running, I have a high pitched 'whine' (not quite a whistle) that comes from under the bonnet. It's something electrical, (or a fan maybe?) as it eventually switches itself on, and I hear a solenoid go (like when the steering lock goes on). It's not loud, but audible when the car is on the driveway.

Anyone else get this? I don't know if it does it with the engine running, 'cos I can't hear it then.

Captur Dynamique S

Hi
Same car D.S but not the same noise I had a bit of a rattle th his morning No not my sunglasses but the wheel nuts so I've wrapped the box in bubble wrap

Lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts