Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2014 1.5 DCi
Last night it started to have high revs at 60 with no more power available
Found out she's not checked the oil in the 3 years of having it so topped it up due to it being black and thick on the dipstick.
She's just driven it again and it seems to still be doing it, Any ideas on what it might be and how much its going to cost me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly, She was in 5th and the car was telling her to shift up still. There doesn't seem to be any power loss when shifting though, It's only when the car gets to around 60 the issues start

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Tell her to keep it in 4th up to 65mph and see how it go's, you will soon know if you are having problems , it can indicate a little soon to change up to 5th I had the 90 diesel captur for 5 years

·
Registered
2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Tce
29 Posts
Firstly - and with some urgency - get that filthy old oil out and replace with OE quality, under some circumstances diesels can run on their own engine oil, and that's disastrous. Also renew the oil and fuel filters, if that doesn't sort it, come back here, it really is impossible to diagnose till that's done. Good luck, and do let us know how you get on. :)

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
58 Posts
Firstly - and with some urgency - get that filthy old oil out and replace with OE quality, under some circumstances diesels can run on their own engine oil, and that's disastrous. Also renew the oil and fuel filters, if that doesn't sort it, come back here, it really is impossible to diagnose till that's done. Good luck, and do let us know how you get on. :)
It will probably need and engine flush as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts