Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me how to use the hill start assist control. Do I have to use the handbrake then get the biting point starting uphill? Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think it only works when you have your foot on the brake on a hill. So when you take your foot off the brake the car keeps the pressure applied for a few seconds second allowing you to accelerate away without rolling back. So I assume it would mean just having your foot on the brake as you raise the handbrake if its engaged. Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think it engages when the handbrake is applied and holds for 2 extra seconds when handbrake is released.......... just make sure no one is behind you on a hill if you try and wait the 2 seconds to test if its working.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't have the Captur yet but the Clio has the same feature : you don't have to touch the handbrake : say you keep the carat a stanstill on a hill with the footbrake, whenyou want to take off, you just have to release the footbrake while you step onthe gas and the system will automatically hold the car for a few seconds whileit gathersthe necessary torque to move off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys, but I tried both and im pretty much sure there was no 2 seconds hold coz the captur just slides down immediately as soon as I took my foot off the brake. That goes with releasing the handbrake in the same situation.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TC Eddy said:
I made a point of trying this out today,as Julian said it is the footbrake that activates the hillstart,its a good addition!
Excellent something else to play with when mine finally turns up next year
Edited by: Dal

·
Registered
317 Posts
Definitely a good thing, so much easier setting off on an incline. I think the Captures have a good number of gadget hence their popularity.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Went to my local Renault service today for something unrelated (it is in fact Nissan dealer but also Renault service) and asked a young mechanic to come out for a little drive with me to try few things I was not sure of. He was great, showed me how to do few things that are not in RLink quick guide but are very useful. He also showed the best way to handle hill assist, Stop/Start, explained that while engine needs to be turning cooling fan or A/C it can't apply S/S - not just saying "you can't do this or that" but giving reason for it in a way that makes sense. Leighton's Garage, Howden in East Yorkshire - five star staff.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ian got in on that question before me . Also it's nice to hear that there are people still out there giving great customer service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts