Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife booked a one night stay with a national coach company, which they cancelled due to the Pandemic. I was contacted by them stating they would send me holiday vouchers for another similar holiday after the Pandemic. I replied, this holiday was a one off as a birthday gift other medical reasons :mad:and as such I wanted a refund of my original payment . I received an email later stating that vouchers would be issued as this was a government directive, after three email from me demanding my money refund the replies from this company were the same. As anyone else experienced this practice with their holiday bookings baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm out thousands on a trip for the whole family to Florida this month. It is not a government directive it is the whole travel industry wriggling out of giving refunds at risk of going bust. And with a voucher on offer even our insurance company won't compensate.

·
Super Moderator
2,454 Posts
Have you travel insurance? Was the coach trip/stayover paid by credit card and can you take this up with the card company?

For the past few years I have booked a short break somewhere in May, usually researching, booking and paying in late January/early February. This year when I started sniffing round on the internet I decided that the virus risk was too great and decided not to book anything. Now if I spotted that, as a lowly engineer, why didn't the supposed experts working for the government, and why didn't they put steps in place to stop it spreading to the UK?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had an email from National Holidays sending a voucher. But also stating it might be possible to have a refund in July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts