Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have just found this forum and this is my first post,i placed my order on 22/08/2013 for my 1.5 dci 90 dynamique media nav in ivory with black roof and wheels,i just spoke to renault this morning and they said they are expecting my car tomorrow morning and i can collect the car thursday or at the latest friday,CANT WAIT!!!,i never thought i would be happy swopping my mercedes slk350 for a renault,but im counting down the days like christmas,i will post pictures when its back on my drive

Great forum

Garry Walker

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also ordered the ivory with black roof, but only a couple of days ago, so will have to wait until Jan. Very excited but shame about the long wait. I've gone for the Media S with the automatic gearbox. I think the ivory/black combo looks stellar. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great choice!! I have the 120 auto and it's a DREAM!... You'll be surprised to feel the difference in acceleration if you, like me, test drove the 90......and NO I'm NOT criticising the 90...it's a great car!
The 120 is NOT a speedster...there is a little bit of turbo lag...but for us the auto box is a dream..and it's quiet, reasonable mpg, and comfortable!!

Nice colour choice!! Christmas not far away...and then your prezzie will arrive!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Allhomeimprovement wellcome to the ranks! A Merc to a Renault IS a jump...but we all have our reasons and logic....and you have made a great choice with the Captur that I hope you'll enjoy!

They must have wanted that Merc badly for you to get the Captur so quickly....I had to wait 14 weeks!! Good on you!!

Are you saving up for a nice Audi?
I might just have a nice S8 V10 5.2 for sale?

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Allhomeimprovement welcome to the forum, I think you win hands down with the longest name on the forum.
Hope everything goes well on Thursday or Friday looking forward to seeing snaps of your new pride and joy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly the merc had to go as me and my wife our expecting our first child,we looked at quite a few different cars,qashqai,Audi q7,bmw x6 but for value for money the renault wins hands down and it's a third of budget I had set out for new car,good news all round

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
allhomeimprovements...you've just
reminded me why I never had the cars I wanted or why I never bought NEW!!!..............Three GREAT kids!!!! ....I was broke!!!

Now that they're grown up...I bought a NEW CAPTUR..and it's perfect!!...and my kids have great taste in cars and I get to travel in cars I wished I had owned!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just spoke to renault and apparently they are still waiting for the car to be dropped off,it was supposed to be wednesday,then friday,and now they are saying it will be here tomorrow and i can collect if monday,i would be lying if i said i believe him

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
getting annoyed now,the car still has not been dropped off at the garage i have been promised they are getting it today and i can collect it on wednesday but i dont believe a word they say

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Weve got the dynamique S dci 90 in Ivory and black (roof and wheels) too. Local Renault garage owner Geraint Hill was amazed to see it passing him in town! He's quoted as saying it's one of the best colour schemes he's seen!
Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuming !!!!!!! I went to the dealers today at 4 to collect my captur it was sitting in the customer collection depot,so I went in the garage all excited thinking finally only to be told they have changed there finance company today and they are having problems,I was given the keys and told have a look round the car whilst they try to fix the problem,after checking the car out (it looks amazing)I go back in and there are 4 dealers all hunched around a computer ,6.30 I hear I'm sorry I can't get any response from finance company it will have to be tomorrow,absolute joke

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you've had a rough ride from Renault I hope they're giving you some extras! I'm due to do the registration etc on Friday and then pick up next week I hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
409 Posts
I would have considered that a nightmare scenario for me. To go to the dealers to pick up the car and not come away with it? disaster.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What a big disappointment! I would certainly be asking for something from them for wasting your time, perhaps a full tank of fuel. It's worth asking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts