Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, very disappointed with the Captur's horn or rather lack of....I know the horn is behind the front grill, I have tried to remove the grill (can only see 6 screws on landing panel) to no avail, wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how the grill is removed so I can access the horn.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tyrfelin said:
The horn is ok you just to get used to it! What should it be there for - warning!
I will just need to get a red hat with a bell on the end and kid on I'm Noddy in Toyland

·
Registered
215 Posts
have to agree with dantoo, renault have produced a stunning car and put a horn on it that sounds like something from a peddlecar on a fairground ride , i sounded the horn yesterday for the first time and the mrs didn't stop laughing for around 10 minutes

·
Registered
428 Posts
Used the horn for the first time the other day. Sounds like a Micky Mouse toy. Pathetic !!!! - what on earth were Renault thinking of.
Tried to use it scare sheep that were on the road whilst we were touring the Lake District last week. It does not scare sheep!!! They just turned round and gave me a peculiar look.
I suppose we are all stuck with it now, but hey - what a embarrassing noise.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just an update, to remove the grill the whole bumper assembly needs to be removed,but if you remove the six screws under the bonnet and you have a smallish hand you can squeeze into where the horn is and replace it....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Like the sound of it. Let me know if its better than the Micky Mouse horn fitted as standard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts