Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Chaps (and Chapetts!)

I was just wondering on how people ordered their Capturs?

Did you PCP, PCH, Finance, Bank loan?
Did anyone haggle for prices?

I'm thinking about getting mine on a PCP, but as it would be the first new car I've ever bought, I'm not sure if you can haggle for freebies or a drop in price when you're not buying it outright.

Anybody have any thoughts?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Any car buying should be open to a bit of a haggle irrelevant of how its financed.....always something on offer as an incentive........if not walk away......they will soon entice you back!!
Starting bargaining chip is your trade in!........then take it from there and dont be frightened to ask or suggest anything......remember its your money and they want it.......and of course the sale of a car.

First thing to do with a Renault is to choose your dealer wisely.......standards arent the best Im afraid!

·
Registered
588 Posts
paid cash...kind of
was able to get £500 knocked off the price and a couple of extra's thrown in for free. and always, always haggle as TC said...especially towards the end of the month when they need their sales figures boosting

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd agree with TC..I would far rather have a good dealership first, and then a good haggle, with the one I've chosen.

They are prone to compliments then...that you chose them from a number you considered...and can they enhance their reputation further by offering a great deal?..that's the line I would take..

These days cash doesn't seem to make a difference...in fact they make more money on finance..

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got loads chucked in. Got an extra 1K deposit as I was putting a nissan in as px think it was the conquest deal. Got the G3 coating for 300 not a bargin you say. Kids bought/buying new clios and the dealership doing the G3 on their cars to in the same price. So 100 a car. Top book on my twingo was 3600 he gave 4K coz I was buying the 2 clios( well not me the kids). And because of a delay with the clios, we sorted out a deal and got an extra 1k each off the total. They went up a model payed a little more. And I've had my Captur, daughters had her clio, son is waiting delivery it's in the import centre. All with almost a full tank of fuel. So think I did well. And I'm not one for haggling.lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You were in an exceptional situation with the purchase of three cars...and did exceptionslly well!

My approach was to check the dealerships for the best offers I could get...and many were annoyed by my approach...but if they co-operated I visited and talked face to face.

When I found out that the original dealer had given me a great price, I went back to him and haggled the accessories with free services on fitting + 10% off on the list price...so you never stop the process because it's your hard earned money in your pocket that you're spending!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully getting figures and stuff this week. The guy I like dealing with was off last week.

I'm hoping to get it sorted as my current car has got to point where I need to spend more on it that it's worth! Dam intercooler and turbo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts