Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Captur Launch, PHEV
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far (3 months) I have not seen any traffic info on my sat nav. Today I did two test. One was setting up a route from Cardiff to Glasgow, the other was a route from Cardiff to Romford, right through the centre of London. This was at 4pm and Live Traffic showed no traffic events. I don’t believe it!

·
Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
Is this provided by TomTom? I believe that it updates every 3 minutes; I have a stand-alone TomTom unit with live traffic updates in my car and in the wife's.... sometimes very occasionally they fail to connect to the mobile phone service then I don't get any updates. However when they are working normally, they should show any traffic incidents as red or flashing red stripes on the roads around where you are, when the device powers up

Reactions: Phevboy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this provided by TomTom? I believe that it updates every 3 minutes; I have a stand-alone TomTom unit with live traffic updates in my car and in the wife's.... sometimes very occasionally they fail to connect to the mobile phone service then I don't get any updates. However when they are working normally, they should show any traffic incidents as red or flashing red stripes on the roads around where you are, when the device powers up
Yes, I think there is a problem with my 'Connected Services'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. On the PHEV it's all done by Google maps, so as long as your EE service is running it should show delays. I know mine does. This said the mapping and route calculations are not the same as a PC based Google system and in London it has so many issues. One that bugs me is on toll roads, it says there is a charge on route do you want to avoid doesn't matter your answer it still says toll can not be avoided to you still want guidance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. On the PHEV it's all done by Google maps, so as long as your EE service is running it should show delays. I know mine does. This said the mapping and route calculations are not the same as a PC based Google system and in London it has so many issues. One that bugs me is on toll roads, it says there is a charge on route do you want to avoid doesn't matter your answer it still says toll can not be avoided to you still want guidance.
I'm in touch with Renault online and they said they would 'escalate' the problem. However, I am going to book it in at the local Renault garage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. The online Renault guys managed to sort it out without me going to the garage. Not sure how they did it but it just started working. Took a little time but I'm impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts