Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to remove the drivers side wiper blade. The manual is about as much use as trying to knit fog. Gave up after 20 minutes. This is embarrassing for a bloke who has rebuilt engines and installed clutches in the past

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blades I bought are from eurocarparts. The ones on the 4 week old Captur seem to be Renault specific. I've got the "OLD" ones off and fitted the Bosch aerotwins. They have different plastic covers but who cares? They work better than the originals and cost half the price

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bol d'or said:
So did you manage?I changed to Bosch on ours almost as soon as we got it, I seem to remember it was easy enough.

Yes thanks. New wipers up and running. Far superior to the Renault ones. My problem was trying to follow the manual instructions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same problem as you grumpy. Followed the manual but wipers not budging. If anyone could give a step by step guide that would be very helpful.!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks grumpy but I need to get the old ones off first.

I tried pressing in the "grips" and trying to push the wiper out at the same time but no luck. Also trying this with the grips angled away from the arm. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Dave the new Bosch aerotwins are different than the ones I took off and I can't remember how the old ones operated

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Codger

Your pics were very helpful. Unfortunately I am still struggling. I have pressed the prongs together and unclipped the plastic pin ok.

When I try to move the cover it seems stuck. I am a bit reluctant to use a screwdriver and both wiper arms are the same. Also when the cover lifts up how does it come off. Do youneedto slide any particular direction?

Sorry for all the questions bit it is most frustrating.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've done another couple of photos to help you, I know it seems crazy , but it really will work !
When you've squeezed the two prongs together you will find that the wiper is able to move away from the cover and expose the small black plastic retaining pin. Then move the metal wiper arm away from the blade so it's not held in he black retaining pin , pull the blade away from arm , you may do a bit of ' wiggling' , but it will come out.

Make sure before doing any severe pulling that the black plastic pin is released from the arm !!

Good job I forgot to put the original blades in the place they deserve to go , ( in the bin ).

Best of luck ,Neale.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You're almost there, Dave, just been out and tried mine. From where you are, pull the opposite end of the blade to where your hands are. The black plastic pivot stays where it is and the blade slides out from it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Success at last ! Thanks Neale.

Part of the problem was that it was very difficult to remove the blade and needed a good bit of effort. The other problem was I did not know where it would come apart. I can see now that the whole thing is one unit and can be pulled off from the metal arm. You need one hand on the metal arm and the other on the plastic cover. Then Pullllllll.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts