Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my 2014 1.2tce auto has done 38k miles & due for a major service,all filters + new brake fluid & spark plugs,had an oil & filter last year £100 !!!. Any prices will help,thinking to go to an independent garage.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Your car is out of warranty and unfortunately it is worth comparitivly little these days (unless the dealer is selling you one). When my 65 plate dci90 auto ceased to be warranted I went back to my trusted independent garage and saved approximately 30%. The next service on my car is "The Biggie". ie full service, replacement cambelt, two new tyres and an MOT. I dread to think what a Renault main dealer would charge for THAT little lot! I'd probably have to remortgage the house :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for that, getting some tyres today, will start getting some prices.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
My indie garage will be nearer £450 than £790 for the cambelt and water pump. 2 decent quality tyres £150. MOT £40 plus whatever they find wrong

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My indie garage will be nearer £450 than £790 for the cambelt and water pump. 2 decent quality tyres £150. MOT £40 plus whatever they find wrong
HI,2 new tyres , Evergreen EU728 ,like just replaced ( just under 25k all on the front £153 2 old ones bought 04/18 for £147.
The 1.2 does not have a cam belt as far as i know so i am hoping for about £300.

·
Registered
924 Posts
grumpy crdi

I am adversed to paying out for things, my philosophy is to buy well but avoid paying full bat.
So I am not a friend of Renault services and prices

ggboy

The petrol versions have a chain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts