Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my steering lock is faulty, it doesnt unlock my steering wheel and car doesnt start. So for it to unlock and start i have to tap, sometimes bang the steering lock module with a hammer for it to unlock and start my vehicle. But everytime i switch it off again i have to hammer the steering lock module. I have two choices, either remove the steering lock completly and install a steering lock emulator or replace the steering lock part. Either way how do i remove the steering lock part?
1584353852279963968329345845513.jpg

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not sure on hows it fits, I would take off the bottom cowling as you have done (the plastic bottom cover) and take a few more mobile phone photos it may indicate how it unbolts.

·
Registered
836 Posts
AT YOU OWN RISK!

I have had a look online and there’s little info on how to remove it, however some renault megane posts seems to show that the screw I have circled should be undone clockwise with the key in and the car running.

Clockwise is the opposite to how a normal screw is loosened .

The megane uses the same lock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When my ESL went ,the RAC couldnt remove it. Renault havent shared the information about how to remove it.

When I was recovered to my local garage they told me it was a dealer repair only and that my local garage would not be able to do the repair.

£800 later it was repaired by Renault. I think you need a special tool to remove the ESL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts